• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some new sculpting 1:35

BradJ

Hi there
This is a figure that I hope to make use of on my muddy base of which I have shown the beginning of construction of in the diorama section.
He is a tanker but I made him a little different to the norm seen, as have him in a M41 'Parsons' jacket as opposed to the usual winter combat jacket. He will have on winter coveralls (bib and brace type) and I have yet to decide on the footwear. He would work just as well as an armored dough I guess, but has no web belt or equipment. I have fitted this head for dimensional use only, and he will most likely end up with the winter combat helmet (the wool lined ear flap style one) maybe under a M1 pot. The black dots are merely the button locations for drilling later. The jacket flap will probably be open down to the top or second button.

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Since these pics, I have sculpted the right arm. It is draped by his side and his hand will be holding a cigarette. I am going for a bit of a ragged look with him, to portray the tiresome haul through Alsace as part of Patton's 3rd Army and may do my Sherman up as a 4th Armored number around Arracourt.
Brad

Well thanks James and I'll give it a crack myself but failing that, I know someone who has had some success with another of my figures... ;)
Brad

Back