• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Snakes in South Carolina

Yep thats a tree Rat right there. Its Tree Rat mating season here at the moment aaaaarrrgghh

Up here in Ontario Canada we call squirrels tree rats. I understand that in southern states squirels are called good eating. LOL

Cheers
I bet they taste like chicken

Never tried Chipmunks (which are mostly underground here, & in holes, so hole rats), but am quite familiar with squirrel, having hunted & consumed many in my youth. Because the nuts they consume here have a high amount of tannin, they normally have a taste that has strong hints of it, plus it is a dark meat, and really not that great. One of those "aquired tastes".

As to the snakes, those that have the black racer are Blessed, as it is very fast an efficient rat-getter. It was likely in that part of the tractor as the sun warms it and makes for a good hide, or so it thought. In our back yard we have 4-5 foot (roughly 1.5 meters at most) King Snake, black with yellow banding on the bottom quarter of his body. I saw him sunning the other week. as long as they stay in the yard and not the house, we are fine.

They might taste like punkin pie, but I'll never know (finish the line from the movie)

:coolio

Pulp fiction. A ton of very bad language in it, but I like the part where they get to pigs and S.Jackson says "I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?"
:facepalm

thats_a_bingo.jpg

Back