• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Slow Rider

Dear Friends, This has been a long haul.
We had some work to do at home and so he took a back seat. I Finally got him done and think he came out OK. :D
The excellent kit is from Scorpio models and is heavy.
I made some minor modifications to the kit and some additions.
I turned the head of the snail as they are going around a corner. I then added a leather belt to hide the join so I did not have to add scales. Then added a German cross medallion to the front of the collar on a drop leather "v".

slowrider001edt.jpg

slowrider_002edt.jpg

The Excitement is who can cross the road first. I sculpted a tortoise racing across ahead of the snail. Since it is fantasy I did not worry to much about size but made him a large tortoise looking back to see if he made it? :laugh:

slowrider_003edt.jpg

I made a license plate to go on the back and added MV lenses for the brake lights and turn indicators.

slowrider_008edt.jpg

The other liberties I took with the kit was to substitute Stainless Steel telescopic tubing for the front forks to take into account the turning of the head. I also used the SS tubing for the exhausts and foot rest. Added chrome bolts to the footrest and leather trails from the handle bars, and the speed sign on the road.
There is a rock carving on the rocks that are lining the road. The snail trail has some Xmas card glitter on the trail so that it has a sparkling effect. The snail base is screwed to the Thomas Base thanks to one of Guy's post for the idea of screwing it to the base. The colours have a luminessence to them.

Then of course their is all the critters watching the atrocities of the road hog.:laugh:

slowrider_005edt.jpg

I am looking for a title to title this piece and would like a short title.
I have
Road hog.
Beat ya!! Ha Ha.

This was a fun kit, just a long road to the finish line.

All comments are welcome and gratefully received.
Hope that you enjoy something a little different.
Cheers
John

"Born to Be Mild"

Thank ya, thank ya verra much.

Elvis has left the building, but

I'll be here all week...................:dude

G

That's fantastic work John. Fun to look at. One thing for sure, no one's going to call you on accuracy. (y)

"G" ~ Andy~ Saul~ Joe~ Ironmike~ Bob Jr~ James~ Erik~ Laura~
Thanks for looking and commenting. A fun build as anything goes :woohoo:
Andy:
The base was a custom base made by Ken Thomas to size requirements and a veneer finish.
It was one of several odd sizes from his list.

Cheers
John

Back