• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Simpatico, A Miniature Mansion for my daughter

Re:Something really different Update Sept. 26, 2010

that billard tabke rocks da house and da house rocks anyway!

breathtaking! with every update!

Wow...this keeps on getting better and better. Alexis says, "Will he make a house like that for me?" I told her yes....he's starting it just after he finishes this one.

Bob
That is awesome lookin.
On another note I am getting ready to start a model of the church I attend ....... it was built in 1657 ............ so needless to say i will be seeking advice from you Mighty one.
Sorry just coulndt resist that.

Re:Something really different Update Sept. 20, 201

bob letterman wrote:
This is a short one, but I have quite a bit done. First, the billiard table is finally finished. I had thought about what I would use as cue sticks, and hit a wall. Then it occurred to me, just whittle them! Yes, I said whittle them. I took round toothpicks and, using an exacto knife, whittled them down to the right taper and length! I was going to make a wall rack with many more. Sorry, that was enough whittling for me! Anyway, moving right along, I'll probably have more a couple of days from now!

Bob

Nothing to say other than umbeliveble! You are a myth!

Your daughter is a really lucky girl!!.. And you are a lucky father of course ;-)

Bravo!

Giovanni

"Your daughter is a really lucky girl!!."--Giovanni

I know, right? Even more than this, he tells me how much I mean to him every day. Every girl should get that from her dad. He's talented, but even more important, he's just a decent human being. :)

NyteScrybe wrote:
I know, right? Even more than this, he tells me how much I mean to him every day. Every girl should get that from her dad. He's talented, but even more important, he's just a decent human being. :)

Can't agree more! He's a great person, and is so clear how much you love each other.

Ciao ;-)

Giovanni

OMG Bob that is just too cool!!! Ok that's it my M113 gets a pair fuzzy dice for the drivers station.

Just WOW!!

Terry :blink

NyteScrybe wrote:
Holy cow!!!!

This looks fantastic!

Thanks Gail!

Pop

sharkmouth wrote:
WOW!

Regards,

Thanks Saul!

Bob

Kreighshoer wrote:
that billard tabke rocks da house and da house rocks anyway!

breathtaking! with every update!

Laura, you are sooooo good at coming up with unique comments.

Thanks, Bob

Wes2010 wrote:
Wow...this keeps on getting better and better. Alexis says, "Will he make a house like that for me?" I told her yes....he's starting it just after he finishes this one.

Wes,

Ahem....... You're my buddy and Alexis is too, but...... we have to talk man! :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :gogo :gogo :gogo

Bob

modelguru wrote:
Bob
That is awesome lookin.
On another note I am getting ready to start a model of the church I attend ....... it was built in 1657 ............ so needless to say i will be seeking advice from you Mighty one.
Sorry just coulndt resist that.

Thanks

You really come up with some unique names, (Mighty One????????????)

Just kidding! Thanks, Bob

gioazz wrote:

Nothing to say other than umbeliveble! You are a myth!

Your daughter is a really lucky girl!!.. And you are a lucky father of course ;-)

Bravo!

Giovanni[/quote]

Thanks Giovanni,

And yes, I am a very lucky Dad!

Bob

NyteScrybe wrote:
"Your daughter is a really lucky girl!!."--Giovanni

Can't agree more! He's a great person, and is so clear how much you love each other.

Ciao ;-)

Giovanni[/quote]

Geez, Listening to you two, I'm thinkin' hmmmm... maybe sainthood would be in order?

Give me a break! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Seriously, thanks!

Bob

MrT wrote:
OMG Bob that is just too cool!!! Ok that's it my M113 gets a pair fuzzy dice for the drivers station.

Just WOW!!

Terry :blink

Let's see Terry, fuzzy dice in 1/35th scale? Where you gonna get the fuzz?

Thanks man!

Bob

Re:Something really different Update October 6, 2010

I am doing another update. I've had a lot going on for the last 3 weeks, but managed to get some detailing done. Most of this update involves the master bathroom.

My immediate problem was that I had 1930-40s bath fixtures in 1/35th scale, but I wanted modern. I checked out all the doll house stuff and it was all so out of scale and traditional that it was unacceptable. So, I decided to update and upgrade the fixtures.

CIMG1850.jpg

Then I had to build the module. When I put rooms in my buildings, I make them as modules that simply slide in before you seal them up. It makes them much easier to make and... the electrical wiring goes much better. I use my ancient method, corrugated cardboard laminated with matt board to make the room.

CIMG1847.jpg

CIMG1848.jpg

Then, how to make these look 21st century???

CIMG1851.jpg

First, I clad the walls with a product I designed back in the nineties. I used the same system as the marble floor in the sun room, then gave it to graphics who made squares from a grid in photoshop and then rearranged them to look like this.

I started with the shower. I took some castings I had from the huge department store round towers window frames from "Logistics" and cut them back. Then I used Evergreen plastic strips to make the shower frame. When it is eventually glued in place, I will true and level it at that time.

CIMG1853.jpg

I have a large spray can of 24 ct. gold paint, I used to paint the old eagle trophies from Mastercons past. It really gave the shower frame the look I wanted.

CIMG1855.jpg

Then, I made a sheet styrene "Box" for the tub. I gave the tub a coat of flat black enamel first, followed by a gloss coat.

CIMG1860.jpg

I painted the "box" with a charcoal metallic enamel to simulate granite. It doesn't show up that well here, but in the next post, it will be clear.

CIMG1861.jpg

CIMG1865.jpg

Excuse the photography. I promise, next time I post I will use the good camera and will take shots with no depth of field issues.

Running with the same Idea, I made a cabinet for his and hers sinks out of plastic sheet, painted the cabinet gloss black and the top with the charcoal metallic, again to simulate granite.

CIMG1863.jpg

CIMG1864.jpg

Next, I painted the toilet parts to match and will be placed in a tiny module off the main one. The door will be open so it will be clearly visible. Also in this picture, you can see the piano and the chairs that will eventually be part of the sun room.

CIMG1867.jpg

Here you can see the gold mirror frames that will be on the wall behind the vanity.

CIMG1870.jpg

Here I am test fitting the three major components of the bath.

CIMG1871.jpg

In this pic, notice the "Feet"of the vanity. I used a 1/35th lion's feet painted gold for that.

CIMG1872.jpg

This is off subject, but I found some graphic on the web that I will eventually uses as a mural on an entire wall in the master bedroom. Think horizontally . :laugh:

moonshadow1_preview.jpg

Here is some of the components with details added. Note the shower head and shower head control.

CIMG1874.jpg

CIMG1876.jpg

Here are some random shots with the components in place. the right hand wall has been attached to the outside stone wall and when the module is slid into place, it will mate up. In the second shot the lion's feet at the base of the vanity is more clearly seen. Also note the Roman painting with the gold frame above the doors.

CIMG1876.jpg

CIMG1881.jpg

CIMG1882.jpg

[
CIMG1883.jpg

CIMG1886.jpg

Here are the components waiting to be assembled. note the toilet paper roll and bracket.

CIMG1888.jpg

Another out of subject build is this conglomeration of HO scale windows and some evergreen strips to make the bedroom Bay window, from which the B/R will be viewed when complete.

CIMG1889.jpg

Till next update,

Bob.

This is amazing. Everything is right on scale and scratch made to boot. About your modules, do you have a master plan drawn out, guess you'd have to, can't really make it up as you go can you...Amazing.

moon puppy wrote:
This is amazing. Everything is right on scale and scratch made to boot. About your modules, do you have a master plan drawn out, guess you'd have to, can't really make it up as you go can you...Amazing.

Bob jr.

This is a little embarrassing. I have a mental plan for the exterior of my buildings, but the interior modules, I kinda play by ear. I just build them as they kinda come to me after the main structure is a basic shape and in place.

I wish I could make them sound much more cerebral and sophisticated, but, they're not!

Does that make sense?

Bob Sr.

Makes Sense, no, how you can build these things in subassemblies and have them fit together into the shell you've already made, without something drawn out, no that don't make a bit of sense, but just adds to the amazement.

WHEW !! I had to wait till almost the last picture to see the toilet. I don't think I could wait any longer....lol. Bob, this is amazing, just wish I could shrink to 1/35th scale and take a shower.

Seriously, Alexis has a place all picked out for her Pickwick mansion. One problem I see, you'll have to make all the marble pink...for her. But since you already almost have this one finished,you could easily have Alexis' ready by May or June...(her birthday is July 6th, just so you know).

Looking great !!

Wes

(I'm kidding about a second house for my daughter, I hope you know)

Wow. This is just awesome Every time I look I'm amazed. Moon Pup I think we should enter this thread in William Shatners "Is that weird or what" Imagine building in modules with no plan and it still goes together. :laugh:

James

James, that's what makes Bob Letterman...Dad...The Master of the Masters.

All Hail the Master!
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Truley amazing even down to the tiny bog roll holder !! :D

Bob I take it the interior is purely from within the artistic mind and you havnt been doing sneaky peaks through the patios doors again ? LOL

Back