• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show us your modelling caves, workshops etc etc

She is the big Boss......damn....I have to watch my words then!!! :lol:

Yes Andy, the smock is the real deal!
Don't know if you know the difference between the Luftwaffe and the Army smock?
Both have the water and tan camo ( we call it zumpf camo) but the Luftwaffe version is lined with a grey coloured lining.
The army version is white and the jacket si for that purpose made reversiable to be worn in 2 different colours....zumpf and winter!

Everything you see in my collection is original WW2 period!
Only 2 red berets are 50's versions.
Have 1 that was original from the battle of Arnhem and is my only original one.
These things cost and arm and a leg if you want them original and there for 1 is enough!

One of the other items in my collection is also original, but postwar.
Start drouling........a Medal of Honour Airforce version!!! ;)

Like said.....if I can figure out how to do it with the galleries I will stuff it with pictures!

Henri :peace

Hi Henri,

I do indeed know the difference

My Brother is very knowledgable about all things Luftwaffe and Ive asked him to source the collar tabs that you are after :)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for asking your brother!
How ever, don't let him do a lot of work on it.
The "fliegerbluse" is under the Zumpf jacket, so can't be seen!

My problem is that I can't spend my money on German items!
They just don't interest me enough, to many fakes and to little knowlegde on German stuff.

Thanks any way for the effort!

Hope I can get that gallery started very soon!

I had posted my workshop on the old site, but... I'll go ahead and do it again on this one. There was not enough room to put all my model shop equipment in one place, so.... I put one where I do vehicles and figures on the lower level of our home. I didn't clean it up, this is how it normally looks! I don't collect models so all the kits in this photo are for my current diorama, "Logistics" and the next project, a Marine Pacific diorama.

As I have posted, I have taken a break from the big one, in order to build my daughter a "Doll House" that is also posted on my masterclass forum. As soon as it is finished, I will get back on it!

cimg0286.jpg

The model kits on the left are gifts over time that I will tackle someday!

cimg0287.jpg

cimg0289.jpg

I rarely buy kits that I have no project in mind, but the "Dora" was at a great price and I couldn't pass it up!

cimg0290.jpg

I have a lot of room for modeling, but, no matter how much, I always end up working in a 12 inch square space. Why is that?

And, NO, that isn't what it looks like in the bottle. That is artist's rectified turpentine, something that I can't live without when it comes to model building!

cimg0292.jpg

Then, in the museum, I have another workshop to work on the dioramas. It is more spacious and has overhead doors so I can always be able to get the big dioramas out and into a truck when necessary.

cimg0303.jpg

This set of racks are for reference books and resin castings of building parts.

cimg0304.jpg

I have TVs and dvd players in both workshops as I like to listen to movies, especially war movies, while I work!

cimg0305.jpg

It may seem like a lot of space, but when I build those huge ones, I always wish I had more room!

cimg0307.jpg

OK, that's it!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Saw this on the old site when surfing the net.
Then I noticed that all messages ended in 2009 and wondered why?
Had not seen the "small" sign that the site moved to what it is today!
Well, found it and joined it!

Hell, can you still find everything? :)

Hi Henri,

Well then,

If it got you here. Great! This is a wonderful website for modelers. so, welcome aboard!

Amazing, but, yes, I can still find everything! Remembering what to do with it once found, at my age, that is another question! :idonno

Bob

Henri,
My son has the stuff he wears in the field and some original stuff.
Bob,
I remember it from the old site too, but still looks great.
Shawn

Bob, thats the one kit I always wished I could have bought, the Dora. I dont know where I'd put it but I so wanted it. Of course common sense (read wife) said Nicht, Nien, Nyet NO!! :laugh:
James

I really lucked out James,

I got it for under $400 with free shipping to my house.

No way could I pass that up!

Bob

modelguru wrote:
Erik
good luck with that Ive seen your cave ..... we will all be dust before you get that place straight........LOL

Thanx CHRIS :angry: :blush: ! Yeah , The Panzer Shoppe has been hit by Clutter Bombs . I gotta dig out before I show it off !!

ERIK

Love the room- and the art on the wall. I have that tri-fold aircraft book...always wish there was another issue...

Since weve had quite a few new chaps enter the alliance perhapes theyd like to share their caves with us !!

I on the way to owning my own cave now so I will be able to actually post up soon :)

I'm in the midst of moving out of the basement into a recently vacated bedroom upstairs. Hopefully I'll get into the model room
more often, now that it is more convenient.

Will post pics when done.

Back