• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Shinden'

ij001

Already to go with one of these:

Some of you may know that the J7W was one of the molds Hasegawa inherited when they acquired 'Mania' back in the very early 1980's - AFAIK it's still the only 1:48 'Shinden' around and has been issued a few times including as a jet-powered version.

Not too certain how the final thing will look, but that's the fun of 'What If' builds, is it not !!

Start-up and date-stamp photos sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Ian

Hasegawa 1:48 'Shinden'

AFAIK it's still the only 1:48 'Shinden' around

Definitely one of the prettiest of the Japanese designs. I especially love the artwork by Koike Shigeo. However, this is a new one:

(click image to visit page)
by Zoukei Mura in their Super Wing Series and it is said to be state of the art. I haven't bought it so can't really comment from experience.

Here is another cool Imperial Japanese Air Force 1946 print:
jsp_1350x900_web.jpg

Inspiration for anyone building the Meng kit. Who did I send it to?

Regards,

Yep I posted that print a few weeks back in the initial 1946 thread - was hoping to 'inspire' somebody/anybody to join me on the 'Japanese' path, so-to-speak.

Ian

Already to go with one of these:

Some of you may know that the J7W was one of the molds Hasegawa inherited when they acquired 'Mania' back in the very early 1980's - AFAIK it's still the only 1:48 'Shinden' around and has been issued a few times including as a jet-powered version.

Not too certain how the final thing will look, but that's the fun of 'What If' builds, is it not !!

Start-up and date-stamp photos sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Ian

Does this one have the scribed panel lines ? I know their 1/72 scale does not :( This should be interesting :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

No it doesn't, Christian. I've built the Ki27 from the original Mania boxing, and AFAIK it was the only one of the set that had the engraved panel lines... Mania were 'light years' ahead of everyone in the early 1980's when those kits came out.

Ian

No it doesn't, Christian. I've built the Ki27 from the original Mania boxing, and AFAIK it was the only one of the set that had the engraved panel lines... Mania were 'light years' ahead of everyone in the early 1980's when those kits came out.

Ian

Well, I dispute that claim . Has. also purchase the Mania KI-48 and it is scribed . I have another in the box as well.
As a matter of fact, this lovely little KI-15 also has scribed panel lines.

Cheers, christian B)

Can't wait to watch Ian! I'm planning to enter with the Zoukei-Mura kit in 1/48. It'll be fun to compare.

Mike

You sent one to me as well Saúl...was thinking about it for this one...gotta find a good microscope for my failing eyes though ;)

And off we go.... Much simpler build than the ZM kit, I'm guessing but great fun non-the-less. Progress pics as-and-when.

Ian

Odd.... I'll try again, standby-one......

OK, can someone who isn't me, tell me if they can see them now, please ??

Ian

Back