• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman Mk III Initial, Direct vision

how on heaven, hell and earth could i completely miss THIS?! :blink

what an awesome shermie!

kudos steve! kudos!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Those look awesome. Unfortunately it has made me realize that the MkIII I am building as Holy Roller is the wrong kit. I need a dv version. Oh well.

James

Great job Steve! The colours really do make it *pop*...
I guess because I'm so used to modelling them in OD that the shape is familiar but the colours aren't :huh:

I reckon some jammed sand dust in the nooks would make this look a real workhorse...
The rear lights I noticed are running parallel to the rear deck sides (angled down) They should be positioned parallel to the horizontal ie. offskew to that rear deck line. Probably not much you can do without damaging the parts involved, so fuggedabowdit! :laugh:
Top work all around.
Brad

Thank you guys for the comments, most appreciated.
Ted- the color is actually Model Master's tan, FS 20400. It is actually more of an orangy color, and looks much better in real life than it does in my photos- not sure why I'm having such a tough time capturing it. It will recieve the desert treatment of dusting to help it blend in more with the top camo, so it doesn't look so stark. Historically accurate or not, I'm not sure. The instructions call out for a tan color on the undercarriage :hmmm
BradJ- thank you for pointing out the rear lights for me. I'm sure I can fix them, as the guards are plastic, not PE (phew!). I don't have much experience building Shermies :)

Steven

stevenk wrote:
I'm sure I can fix them, as the guards are plastic, not PE (phew!).

Steven,

Just making sure you rotate the lights themselves and not the guards:

m4_10.jpg

The photo is from Chris Hughes' Toadman's Tank Pictures web site.

Regards,

Excellent Shermie Steve. But I think it is a small error common to all Dragon Shermans: the tow bracket it's upside-down.

Here's the wrong position (in all Dragon instruction sheets)

wrong.JPG

Here's the correct position

towing%20pintle.JPG

tow%20bracket.JPG

Best wishes
Ovidiu

Saul and Ovidiu- Thank you for the photos, and thank you for the correction on the tow bracket. Those errors have been corrected B)
Steven

stevenk wrote:
The instructions call out for a tan color on the undercarriage

Good to know Steven, thanks. I'd like to build an M4A1 at El Alamein sometime. I'd be happy if it turned out half as nice as yours.

Ted

Steven,
Awesome Sherman! Really a fan, of the paint scheme! I might have to make one of those in 1:100 to support my Brits!

WDE!
Travis

tjgehling wrote:
Steven,
Awesome Sherman! Really a fan, of the paint scheme! I might have to make one of those in 1:100 to support my Brits!

WDE!
Travis

If your troops encounter a Tiger, you'll need a dozen Shermans.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
If your troops encounter a Tiger, you'll need a dozen Shermans.

Cheers from Peter

Huh? It'd only take a couple of M4s to tow the broken down Tiger? :blink :laugh:

(Like 'raptors on a T-rex ;) )

Back