• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M4A2

tomwes

This is Dragon's 1/35 M4A2 (Late) in the PTO. I painted this with MM enamel olive drab then tried some color modulation with faded OD. After a coat of Future cured I mixed yellow ochre oil paint with black and some white to get a faded looking OD and proceeded to try and show a worn and weathered paint job. This is my first time trying to get this look and am looking for any feedback on it, whether I'm on the right track or not. I'm thinking of this as my first layer of filtering. So here we go:

ShermanM4A2005.jpg

ShermanM4A2004.jpg

ShermanM4A2003.jpg

ShermanM4A2002.jpg

ShermanM4A2001.jpg

And a few pic's with no flash:

ShermanM4A2007.jpg

ShermanM4A2006.jpg

ShermanM4A2008.jpg

ShermanM4A2009.jpg

The sides will be covered by wood plank (armor).
Thanks for looking and all comments/criticism welcome.

Tom

Thanks for the feedback, I was a little nervous trying this but if I screwed it up I could always redo it :idonno

Tom

Thanks Ken, I'm thinking of this as the first level of weathering and will be re-watching a few video's some guy named Abrams did regarding weathering. :) :)

Did a little more to the Sherman, gave it a pinwash with raw umber and will add one or two more washes to it before moving on to the next step.

Sherman002.jpg

Sherman001.jpg

Sherman003.jpg

I also did the wood plank armor following Ken Abrams way of applying a wood finish, this I'm very happy with. After the oil paint dries I'm going to use the hairspray technique with Tamiya OD to cover the wood color.

Sherman005.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always all comments welcome!

Tom

Looking awesome, Tom! You're putting some cool techniques to good use on this one! (y)

Looking awesome Tom! Loving the weathering on the tank and the planking looks spot on! Stellar work so far brother!

Oh hey Tom the sherman is looking fantastic. I like it a lot.

Terry B)

Thanks fella's! I just sprayed some hairspray on my wood.......and am going to cover it with the acrylic OD using my just arrived Badger Krome airbrush (y) (y) (y)

Tom

Back