• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman County Campaign

I have this.....Tony would love this one.

haa384f6.jpg

:hmmm

If I can find my Sherman HVSS tank from Dragon and the M-51 Isherman conversion set from Cpl Overby I'll be able to join this. I've been needing to get that done; this will be an excellent opportunity.

Hahaha! I was asking for all of us Saul! Who doesn't have a stalled Sherman on the shelf of doom?

I have an intense rebuild of the Tamiya Jumbo Sherman that stalled out 10 years ago when I moved from one place to another. All that's left of the original kit is basically the lower hull! I pulled it out tonight and its actually much further along then I thought it was.

h79f74f3.jpg

What markings are you going for? I have Archer Fine Transfers Cobra King markings to send if you're allowed to finish this for the campaign. I'll be happy to send even if you must start a new one for the ca,paign (as long as you finish the Jumbo here too). Let me know.

Regards,

Hahaha! I was asking for all of us Saul! Who doesn't have a stalled Sherman on the shelf of doom?

I have an intense rebuild of the Tamiya Jumbo Sherman that stalled out 10 years ago when I moved from one place to another. All that's left of the original kit is basically the lower hull! I pulled it out tonight and its actually much further along then I thought it was.

h79f74f3.jpg

What markings are you going for? I have Archer Fine Transfers Cobra King markings to send if you're allowed to finish this for the campaign. I'll be happy to send even if you must start a new one for the ca,paign (as long as you finish the Jumbo here too). Let me know.

Regards,

Thanks Saul, but that seems to be the most done Jumbo. I'm just doing a non-descript tank. Jumbo is not my entry for this one - too far along. I have an Asuka M4A1 that I am going to get the tmd t23 turret for. I'm planning a dio with a Sherman and an m5a1 so this will be the start of that, but I need to get a few things off the bench first. Namely my Humvee and king tiger.

If "conditions" will allow, I will join with a model of "Flying Cow" from the 2nd Regiment of the 1st Armored Division of the Polish Armed Forces

s-l1600.jpg

krowa4.jpg

krowa1.jpg

sherman_2pp.jpg

00036O1OQSSMOKTG-C317-F3.jpg

krowa2.jpg

krowa3.jpg

:D That one was one I considered for Sto Lat!

The Sherman II they received were very early examples with some differences from the Italeri kit. Whicih decals are you using?

Regards,

Here's what I'd like to build... just started this kit, and I think it will qualify as I've only put the wheels together and a few hull sides. I'll halt until 1/1/18 (that is the start date?).

Here's the reference shot. Taken from "Forgotten Archives 2". I intend to complete the vignette as well.

h342bc56.jpg

and here is the kit I'm going to use. I'll have to trim back the rear hull as this was a Baldwin Sherman with a 90 degree rear hull plate. Other than that out of the box... I'll use Maketar masks for country insignia.

h78e7918.jpg

Am I good to go?

JC

Here's what I'd like to build... just started this kit, and I think it will qualify as I've only put the wheels together and a few hull sides. I'll halt until 1/1/18 (that is the start date?).

Here's the reference shot. Taken from "Forgotten Archives 2". I intend to complete the vignette as well.

h342bc56.jpg

and here is the kit I'm going to use. I'll have to trim back the rear hull as this was a Baldwin Sherman with a 90 degree rear hull plate. Other than that out of the box... I'll use Maketar masks for country insignia.

h78e7918.jpg

Am I good to go?

JC

Yes that kit is good with me. Any modifications is up to you as the builder. Anything is allowed. Having fun is what's about and building a model.

On January 1, 2018 at 0000 hour is the start time for the campaign.

Start a new thread for the build. Which you can do now but no building until 01-01-2018

Take a picture with some form of date with the unbuilt kit for the start of your first post in the campaign.

example;

019_zps826q06qd.jpg

Back