• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Second Chance Déjà vu

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone want to do Second Chance again?

This is where we go back and pick up on Campaigns that we missed out on to earn that Campaign ribbon you like so much.

There's two I missed that I'd like to have. The Halftrack, Tourch and the USMC ribbon...ok three.

Same rules apply.

Index of our ribbons is here.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/images/badges/

Must of the names of them are self explanatory, ask if in doubt. I think we have one or two that have not been assign to a Campaign.

What about it?!

I'm in for sure!! Been trying to wrap up the Enterprise kit I've had going for almost 2 years, and I really need to finish up the FMTV I started for SM2.

I wouldn't mind taking another stab at finishing my Yak for From Russia with Love!

What would be the timeline?

I got 2 done last year I am in I have a Sharkmouth that needs finishing :blush:
Oops, read it wrong! I read It is Sharkmouth that have loads which need finishing!

Anyway, the name is all wrong.

It's Like Déjà Vu All Over Again!

Regards,

What would be the timeline?

I don't know, got mixed thoughts on it. What we did last year was abide by the rules of the build you're doing. If you're going after say one of the Quarter Scale ribbons, that would be limited to just a month.

BUT. We have so much going on, think we should alter that this time, what about a speed drill, make us work for it? A week, a month?

Whatch'all think?

I'd say make the whole thing a year like previously, however if you want to do a build that was in a short session then it would be one month per build, through the year. Meaning if you dont finish the build in a month, then it wouldnt count, but you could do multiple 1 month campaigns through the whole year.

Clear as mud, right?

I'd say make the whole thing a year like previously, however if you want to do a build that was in a short session then it would be one month per build, through the year. Meaning if you dont finish the build in a month, then it wouldnt count, but you could do multiple 1 month campaigns through the whole year.

Clear as mud, right?
I like this idea :drinks

I don't know, got mixed thoughts on it. What we did last year was abide by the rules of the build you're doing. If you're going after say one of the Quarter Scale ribbons, that would be limited to just a month.

What's the point of rushing? to make mistakes, botched work or paint, just to get a ribbon in a month?

Thought modelling was for fun and enjoyment not a speed contest.
If you want a short run campaign, then at least give three months to finish.

People do have other things in life other than sitting at a desk all day , oh sorry wife, I can't help you cause I gotta get my model built in one month to get my ribbon.

Might as well make it a week........

C'mon, give us a decent chance here.

Mark Phil down for a no vote on the time limit. :rotf

Only reason I mentioned doing it in a Month is we have had March Madness builds for quarterscale or smaller, recall the brailscale builds also. Think we've all be busy with stuff lately and the March Madness builds slipped right by us.

We all build at different speeds, I've gotten some things done in a week or two, others taken months. Think my average is about 3 months to finish a large scale subject. Building at speed doesn't mean you will screw up, hell look at what Chef does in a matter of hours! :rotf

Of course Phil, real like has to take precedent over the hobby stuff, even running this website has to take a back burner to real life.

Building at speed isn't for me.
The rush I need once in a while is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O49F8pB8bH4

Have fun guys!

Greetings,Ron.

Back