• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 251/17 Ausf. C. Luftwaffe

LOL! I have a Tamiya Sdkfz 251-9 that has been in process for a VERY long time as well. It isn't as far along as this Bob, time to finish up something eh?

Back from the great state of Ohio on Tuesday I haven't dug deep in the shed yet. Still playing whack a mole with work "items", at least they are not "issues".

I did sit down for a few minutes to poke at this. I started scrubbing away some of the camo to expose the grey underside. I don't remember why I painted the yellow over grey, but I like some of the effect I'm getting.

Started slobering Migs Streaking effect all over the place, just messing around and I got the drive sprockets and tracks on.

1713533848192.png

Dang that was fast, since the time I posted the start up photos I got the lower hull built up in 2 steps. This is not Tamiya shake and bake, what I don't like about this kit is the very large and heavy sprue gates on the parts. Hard to tell where gate ends and part begins in some places. Will have front suspesion built tomorrow and starting to think ahead about when to paint.

:soldier
A characteristic of Takom molding as well. I would think in 1/16 scale, as my Renualt FT is, those sprue to part areas could get smaller and better, but they're just bigger...

Back from the great state of Ohio on Tuesday I haven't dug deep in the shed yet. Still playing whack a mole with work "items", at least they are not "issues".

I did sit down for a few minutes to poke at this. I started scrubbing away some of the camo to expose the grey underside. I don't remember why I painted the yellow over grey, but I like some of the effect I'm getting.

Started slobering Migs Streaking effect all over the place, just messing around and I got the drive sprockets and tracks on.

View attachment 168742
Nice! 👌👌👌

Thanks Tim. I've gotten this far with it and quickly loosing interest again.

1713741382052.png

some more bits and pieces added, enough to look finished hardware wise. Needs some painting done, think I'll put it on hold till I"m doing something else german to finish it up. I got parts for the DH88s and they are calling my name!

Back