• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 Armoured cab w/ 3.7 cm Flak

Hey everyone well this is my first blog in quite some time as my interest and motivation has been lost for a while now but it is slowly on the mend
This is a build i completed a few months ago and as yet i haven't put it on a base

It's ( as you have guessed by now ) DML's newish Sd.Kfz. 7 with armoured cab and 3.7 cm Flak and what an out standing , detailed kit it is

All that i have added is a JB barrel , Griffon engine detail set and a set of Friul tracks that i had lying around for a few year's that i was going to use on Tamiya's " 7 " but never got around to finishing
The Photo's were taken on my new iPhone so my lighting set up etc weren't used hence the quality of the photo's ( not the phone's camera issue as it quite a good camera )

so here's what i have done so far ...... hope you enjoy :)
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

I still have a little work to complete but will finish it once it's on the base

All comments , questions are more than appreciated

cheer's

Matt :laugh:

Dear Matt.

...I like it very much...an agressive look...a superb weathering job!...nice style!

Regards and good return to our hobby!

Luiz from Antarctic Continent...

matt, that's really wonderful looking!

too bad that you didn't share the actual build with us! would have been very interesting!

Thank you Laura , yes i am kicking myself now that i didn't take some in progress shots as a lot of painted detail has now been hidden
I will take some photo's of under neath to show the detail and i didn't hold back on the painting and weathering here either
Next time i will be taking more in step photo's on a build like this

cheer's and thanks again

Matt :)

Cheer's Andy , thanks mate

Well i have just taken a few more rough and ready photo's ( i'm being lazy as i can't be bothered setting up my make shift photo booth )
to show off the detail underneath
Hope they do the detail ( and all my hard work :S ) justice

thanks ............
DSC_0004-15.jpg

DSC_0005-22.jpg

DSC_0006-21.jpg

And a few more photo's showing detail of the Flak
DSC_0014-8.jpg

DSC_0017-5.jpg

DSC_0023-5.jpg

Thanks again

Matt

:laugh: Haha almost had me going there , this is a real half track , not a model ...... :unsure: isn't it ?

I am loving all the detailed weathering you have done Matt .

Jenny :kiss:

aaaaawwwwww thats a beauty, fantastic work the weathering is superb you have inspired me to get mine out of the stash and have a go :notworthy

:blink :pinch: :woohoo: :notworthy WOW!!! Fantastic work!! I would say something, but I can't get my breath.

Terry (y)

MATT,

You nailed it Brother Man !! Great job all the way around. The weathering is Superb !

Dragon packs a lot of Detail into their Sd.Kfz 7 family !!

ERIK

Hey Rudi hows it going

Well i have finished the build but i will be putting it on a small base so the ground work etc needs to be done and yes it was at expo

Up next i am doing the "Erzats " M10 with a twist ;) so watch this space , this will be a big project for me so i am giving myself till expo next year to hopefully finish it . The tank itself is finished ready for paint but the base is in very , very early stage

thanks again mate

Matt :)

Is it real or is it memorex. man that is stunning the first few pics I thought were reference pics of the real vehicle until I got down to the ones that were showing the base .That is just amazing I cant stop looking at it.

Yeah, stop posting pictures of real vehicles here ;) Just wonder where you got that huge wooden base from and how you managed to get the Sdkfz 7 on it ;)

Great work....heavy but extremely realistic weathering, mate

Sven

Back