• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 263

Dear James.

Thanks a lot for the recomendations...they will be very useful for me...I intend to start my project soon!

:drinks

Luiz

I thought about it, but I fudged up on 2 parts. Will probably not put them on. But I know better for the 231 and 232 I have. So they will be a bit better I hope.
James

Nice start there James,

I would love to see one of these in action over some rough terrain. Very cool vehicles!

If I was into armor, I'd have one of these in my collection!

:popcorn

Okay hit a brick wall this morning. The bottom skirt does not fit well at all and its difficult to install and attach. Will set aside a little and try again. Maybe it will click in place in a day or two. Anyone else built one of these who might have suggestions for that part of the build?
James

Well got the side skirts on. Was a bit easier this morning, but I think they are a stumbling block and not well designed. The problem is they are so very thin and you have to slip them behind all the running gear and then mate up with the angled hull. I dont know if it would have been easier to mount them to the hull and then install the hull, or maybe mount the running gear after the hull and skirts are in place. Maybe someone more coordinated than I could experiment and let me know the best way.
I have moved away from the instructions somewhat by installing the upper cabin onto the upper hull out of sequence. I think it will be easier in the long run. So some pics beside my Stug which I also did some work on today.

DSC03737.JPG

DSC03736.JPG

DSC03735.JPG

Now I am trying to decide if I will do an interior or just button everything up and get this done.

James

Well this one is out. Evidently I did not put sides or side skirts or maybe even all together right. End pieces wont go on and line up. Luiz wish I had some advice for when you do yours. Beautiful kit but way way too over engineered.
James

Back