• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 263

jknaus

Administrator
I'll build this butt ugly Sd.Kfz. 263 for my entry. Unless I find something different it will be from the 4th Panzer Div using kit markings.
Obligatory entry pics.

DSC03714.JPG

DSC03715.JPG

DSC03716.JPG

James

Sd.Kfz. 231, 232, 263 8 Rads, Sd.Kfz. 231 6Rad, motor cycles, Pz I, II, III, IV, Bf 109, 110, HS 123, Do 17, He 111. As long as they are early models. BTW the AFV kits are head and shoulders above the Tamiya kits for the 8 Rads.
James

Sd.Kfz. 231, 232, 263 8 Rads, Sd.Kfz. 231 6Rad, motor cycles, Pz I, II, III, IV, Bf 109, 110, HS 123, Do 17, He 111. As long as they are early models. BTW the AFV kits are head and shoulders above the Tamiya kits for the 8 Rads.
James

So short answer yes?? :rotf

hc8a595c.jpg

I think I got enough here to make this old Tamiya a little more interesting..or burn my finger tips. :dance

Is this early enough?

Well I had a good hour of modeling today and got to the end of step 5. Had about enough for the day I think. Lots of thick sprue gates and overflow plugs and small parts. I only made one error so far and its too late to fix it. Just hope it doesnt bite me later. In the second picture you can see the second set of axles is offset to the left a smidge. Evidently the axle slipped a bit which would explain the issues I had trying to assemble it. :bang head

DSC03723.JPG

DSC03721.JPG

DSC03720.JPG

The rubber covers for the ball link are very cool. Oh and in step 2 I think where you put on the foot pedals, I would leave that till later I think. Cant lay the chassis down when putting on the axles and gear cases with them on.

This by the way will be from the 4th Panzer Division Nachter. Ab. 79. Unless I can fins some good pics and markings to do a 1st Panzer Division Nachter. Ab. 37 vehicle.

James

How many parts in/on that chassis?

If it does you could cut out those shafts as if there was a problem with the joints and still have to move on until proper repairs could be done.

I've been eyeing that kit, I get to watch you put it together first. (y)

There are a lot of parts to the chassis. I am to where I got the bottm hull on. Just some steering arms left to put on and work on the insides. Oh and all the rings to put on each wheel and also each valve stem times 8.

DSC03726.JPG

I taped it together to see how it would look.

DSC03724.JPG

DSC03725.JPG

James

Luiz, when you do yours be carefull of the axle alignment. One of mine slipped and made it a bit harder for installing the wheels. Also on the brake drums for some reason they molded a bar across the base you have to take off. When you do it is very easy to clean up the 2 little protrusions for aligning it. Finally the axle pieces at the brake hub are too small and fall right through. My wheels are now glues on and dont turn. It you want them to turn you will have to modify those parts. Lastly I would wait to put the foot pedals on the rear driving station until after you get the lower hull installed. They get in the way for some of the construction and that area is tricky to put together as you have to slip the steering column through a hole, the yoke through a hole and slide forward while trying to hold the pedals steady as they slip in a couple of slots in the floor. I think you will enjoy this kit though.
James

Back