• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCRATCHBUILDING A 1/35 SCALE BA 27 ARMOURED CAR

alex

this is another model im working on at the moment

a.jpg

Some 20 odd years ago i scratchbuilt this soviet early 30's armoured car. why am i scratching it again, well after all this time no one as yet has issued an injection molded kit in 1/35 there used to be a not so good resin kit some time ago but this seems to have dissapeared again. another reason is i want to compare the new model to the old one which i still have. in those days information on soviet warmachines was hard to get so i had to build my models from rough and sometimes innacurate scaleplans. today we are blessed (or cursed) with the ammout of information comming out of the ex soviet bloc both as regards to printed and e-information anyway enough said

the turret
basic shapeing

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

detailing

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

the turret has been primed using the usual plasticote primer and ready for a good cleanup

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

main body
IT TOOK ME MORE TIME TO DRAW THE TEMPLATES THAN TO ACTUALLY CUT AND ASSEMBLE THEM

THE BASIC BODY SHAPE

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

BASIC CHASSIS DETAIL

3.jpg

4.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Alex is back !!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hooray :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Where have you been ?

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:

Where have you been ?

HAD A ROUGH TIME LATELY family health problems things are getting better now so hopefully
i will restart my input. one thing is for sure this place keeps getting better and better
and better and better

had to stop midway trough first posting. had to answer my mobile phone. DO YOU HATE MOBLIE PHONES AS MUCH AS I DO?

wheel master

7.jpg

cast wheels

11.jpg

some chassis detail parts

8.jpg

chassis assembly

6.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

if everything goes according to plan i have a whole week to work on this one starting tomorrow so hopefully more updates soon

alex wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

Where have you been ?

HAD A ROUGH TIME LATELY family health problems things are getting better now so hopefully
i will restart my input. one thing is for sure this place keeps getting better and better
and better and better

Sorry to hear about the family stuff, I completely understand.

Masterful work here Alex, I'm eating this up like candy..

Alex,
Amazing build... Love the Soviet stuff.
This is a labor of love...
Glad the family heath is under control.
Great build, I will be following it.
Shawn

Alex....So glad to see One of the Maltese Mafia back...Sorry to hear about the issues at home

Your work blows me away....As for the Russian tank you scratch built when I first found out about TnT, I more than look forward to watching this build.

(y) :notworthy (y) :notworthy (y) :notworthy:Hiay

FINISHED MOST OF THE DETAILING ON THIS ONE. I HAVE TO SAY I WAS NEVER FELT SO DEPRESSED AS REGARDS TO APPLYING RIVETS AS ON THIS ONE. well over 900 revets of 4 different sizes compunded by this hateful and unbearable humid heat every rivet cost me sweat and almost tears.

the wheels where re modelled and re cast

2008_07200023.jpg

detailing

2008_07200009.jpg

2008_07200010.jpg

2008_07200011.jpg

2008_07200012.jpg

2008_07200013.jpg

2008_07200014.jpg

2008_07200015.jpg

2008_07200016.jpg

2008_07200017.jpg