• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SAAF Impala Mk II

Hey Rich Did you know this plane was known as the amputator If long guys tried to eject theyr legs would get amputated. This caused an whole generation of Fighter pilots to be quite short in the SAAF as they all had to do theyr jet conversions on the Imp.

I hadn't heard about that.

We had a USAF exchange pilot at AETE that had the same ejection problem with the aircraft we were operating at the time, CF-104, CF-5, CT-133 and CT-114. He had flown F-105's and F-4's before he became a test pilot. He also couldn't drive a car for more than 30 minutes because it was too boring.

Cheers,
Rich

You look to be the first one to get the Campaign Ribbon, how far off is it from done?

Regards,

Got the decals on over the last couple of evenings, lots of stencils.

Decal_1~1.JPG

Decal_2~0.JPG

Turning onto final with some light weathering to do, matt coat, add the seat, canopy and external stores. That will likely have to wait to next year now.

Cheers,
Rich

Great job (y) I enjoyed watching your build, that is one kit I have been interested in, just have never gotten around to getting one, so it was cool watching your build.
Ernie

Back