• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SA-8

Teaker11

Needed a break from GBs, plus I been dieing to start this kit
016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

More later
Jim

I am hoping for a plastic version someday.

Nice kit and quick build too!

Regards,

Thanks I just started 2 days ago, It has a detailed interior. I havet glued the body toghter yet so I will get pictures. This is a Tank-Mania kit, the second of 10 the next kit will be the Pat hand radar. Should be out in June/July . I havent decided if to make it a Soviet green or derest sand. also waiting on drawings form a friend of mine in Hungery of IFF antenna on top of main radar. Other than that this is a very detailed kit for the price. More later
Jim :)

Looking very nice so far and I agree that it would be nice to have a styrene version of it or of other modern vehicles.

Joe

If any one would do it I would say Trumpeter. PanzerShop lists a SA-8 to release soon, but no price
Here are some inside pictures
004-39.jpg

003-43.jpg

005-27.jpg

Jim

Ok I decided on Soviet, Its all the paint I have. Here a coupe of more shots:
001-51.jpg

003-44.jpg

Man I need to clean my work bench!

Hi Jim.

That is one impressively big piece of Russian hardware you got there. And you are doing a great job of it. I was curious how much it weighs though?

Gary B)

Thanks for the comments. I think I am going to do the Parade mode, I will spray with a black wash to highlite some of the details. This is a heavy model a lot of resin. Here is the latest picture with a wood base I made to display the model.
Jim
001-53.jpg

Re:SA-8 Is Done

I am calling this one done, I used Tamiya paints, Testors and Promodler black wash. and a handy board stained and a little grass. I also had to make custome decals. The kit didn't come with any, This one came from a Soviet unit.
I was trying a new back drop but I think I need to hang it in the garage, I am not a Pro Modler I just build for the fun of it, and I like the unusnal for a subject. Next on the bench is to finish a SA-4
033.jpg

031-1.jpg

032.jpg

030-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Jim :)

Back