• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs German ISAF Mission

Ok, I decided to finish this Baby. She might end up as a 10' model but what the heck....its about the fun of building and not every model can be 100% perfect. So this story will continue.

Horrido

Joe

You go Joe!!:)

Had the pleasure to ride in the back in one of these baby's ones.
They are much more comfortable then riding along in a M113[a tracked vehicle].

Greetings,Ron.

battle damage, mud, maneuvre prank, bad driving ... the possibilities for excuses are endless! never forget that after all the bundeswehr is just a 'waldmeisterarmee'! ;)

glad that you decided to go the full length with this kit joachim!

Now that I have decided to finish her, I threw some parts on today. Mainly the pioneer tools and some grab handles. And for proof here are some pictures.

Laura, in my 12 years in the German Air Force I found out the whole purpose of the Bundeswehr is to stop the enemy at the borders long enough until real military arrives.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

battle damage, mud, maneuvre prank, bad driving ... the possibilities for excuses are endless! never forget that after all the bundeswehr is just a 'waldmeisterarmee'! ;)

glad that you decided to go the full length with this kit joachim!

Hey! I've been a Waldmeister too :D :D

so now I want to see that thing beeing scratched, wrenched and what ever :D :D

Off to a good start I say

UPDATE 4/26/11 Re: RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs

Finally I got the Fuchs ready for paint. Since I couldn't get my hands on an ISAF decal sheet I will paint her in the desert camo they use in Afghan Land with Regular unit markings.I build her as a Pioneer Vehicle.

Joe

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

First I have to make a confession. The Fuchs will not be in ISAF markings and color. I apologize to everyone looking forward to this but I see no sense in spending more money on shipping than the actual decals and second I can't find the paints I bought for the camo. That said I am going to paint her in the normal NATO 3-color with standard markings. SO today I put the first coat of Bronze Green on.

Joe

IMG_0315-1.jpg

IMG_0314-1.jpg

IMG_0316-1.jpg

Bob, good eyes. The screen is a little off because one of the glue spots came loose. But don't worry, if I don't forget I fix it.

Joe

More Paint... RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs

Thanks Mike. Today I added the brown and black of the 3-color Nato camo. So now I can get into the detail painting. Then gloss, decals, wash, flat and done.

Joe

IMG_0319-1.jpg

IMG_0318-1.jpg

IMG_0317-1.jpg

IMG_0320-1.jpg

UPDATE 5/11/11 RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs

Thanks Mike. I started on the detail painting. So far its the tools and smoke dischargers. The lights will be added last since the lenses are clear. I also added the 2 MG holders. I think I keep the washes and weathering to a minimum and build an almost clean vehicle. But until then I might still change my mind.

Joe

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Re: UPDATE 5/11/11 RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs

Looks good Joe! Nice camo!

Terry B)

Thanks Terry. At least a little positive experience for me after all the problems I had the last few days.

Joe

5/18/11 RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs Almost Done

Almost at the finish line. I added decals, a little oil wash, added a few parts I forgot ( 2 more to go) and flat coated. Noe I have only the MG's and the wind shield wipers left to add, a few more drops of paint for detailing and then maybe some dirtying up and that is it.

Joe

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Re: 5/18/11 RoG 1/35 Tpz Fuchs Almost Done

Cool! It's a little clean for my taste, but maybe if you added the dealer's window sticker, you could call it showroom new!! :pilot

Back