• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden 1/72 Felixstowe F.2A

Cheers!
The rigging is done (hope it shows up in the pics :laugh: ) - now to tidy up the paintwork and stick the weapons on -
P1070322_zps4ba8db65.jpg

P1070323_zpsc6765b1e.jpg

P1070321_zps51fd38f8.jpg

Take a bow my friend, take a bow - now where's my slipper? :evil:

Looks great! Can you zoom in on you wire connections at the wing.

Terry B)

Terry B)
It's just those wound eyelets like you get with the Bob's Buckles stuff - as small as I could make them but to be honest they may be slightly out of scale for 72 - it was the easiest way I could think of to accomplish the amount of rigging I had to do. For example the outboard wing sections, between the 6 struts is only 2 lines, start up in one corner and zigzag through the poles, the line is so fine you can't see it going from loop to loop at the strut ends. Confused? Me too :laugh:
I'll take some close ups when I get the final shots done.

That's one problem I found with fishing line as it's too rigid on those loops, the EZ Thread will make those turns with sharp angles. Not taking away anything of what you have done here, I don't see the loops you're talking about. Looks fantastic!

:notworthy

Terry B)
It's just those wound eyelets like you get with the Bob's Buckles stuff - as small as I could make them but to be honest they may be slightly out of scale for 72 - it was the easiest way I could think of to accomplish the amount of rigging I had to do. For example the outboard wing sections, between the 6 struts is only 2 lines, start up in one corner and zigzag through the poles, the line is so fine you can't see it going from loop to loop at the strut ends. Confused? Me too :laugh:
I'll take some close ups when I get the final shots done.

Ok! That's what it looked like for this distance. Still looks great! I have the Curtis version I need to finish and was curious.

B)

Very nicely finished Dave ! (y) (y) (y) A beauty :D

I really would have thought the spiders would have bee smaller :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back