• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden 1/72 C-123B

Paint dried. Paint wet sanded with 2500. Alclad II Aluminum 101 applied. A few spots to touch up but pretty good overall for a trash hauler.

0291c123.jpg

Thanks, Rhino, but I'm the reference is undeserved! :blush:

Well, this party's over! I have finished the Roden C-123. While it is rewarding to have it done and ready for the display case, it made me work for it, because of all the little details and the decals. The only way I could get the decals to settle down was to use a Top Flight heat gun that I normally use to shrink mylar film on my R/C models, but they still did not adhere well so I applied a clear coat of Alclad Matt. It gives the airplane the look of an older oxidized skin, and I think I like it. Not going to trap myself with Roden decals again anytime soon. I am pretty sure I used the kit decals on my Roden Sea Gladiator, maybe they had a different maker then. The fiddley bits have been added, on to the pictures. If you look close you may be able to see that I painted the rubber surrounds on the windows that had them, that's what I remember most about the first time I saw a C-123, windows held in like the back window on a 53 Ford Pickup.

0331c123.jpg

0351c123.jpg

0381c123.jpg

And next to a C-46. Both had Pratt and Whitney R-2800's, but the C-123 had 300 more horsepower per side. Cruise speeds are about the same according to the usual sources.

0421c123.jpg

I dig that C-46, who makes that? The C-123 looks awesome as well. Roden is one kit maker I really need to try.

Thanks, all!

The C-46 is the Williams Brothers kit. It taught me most of what I know about limited run and natural metal finishes, along with the Monogram B-36. :woohoo:

Thanks for remembering, Paul. I'm just happy to be here.

Beautiful John.
Hope mine looks that good I completed.
Frank
(y) (y)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Sorry for being late on wishing you a happy birthday

Fantastic work.

I'm always impressed by the way you guys can achieve such a crisp clean finish.

Happy Birthday as well!

Oh man, that is one sensational model! No sign of any issues with the fit or finish! What a magnificent model! Like Frank, I can only hope mine looks as good when it's done. I love the shot of it next to the C-46 too.

Back