• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Kit No. 04888 Bf 109 G-10 Erla

Thanks, well I spent about 3 hours in on the bench, nice to find it again. Built up the Aires cockpit and try to test fit it several different ways but it just kinda floated around in there. Built up enough of the kit cockpit to see what's up, it's dry fit, snapped in place. Plus it has some keyway for wing spur so... :hmmm

Passed the cockpit and got the halves together.

:pilot

h7d4d971.jpg

hff461aa.jpg

Looking good young Britt... always preferred the lines of the G-10 & K Bf109's look very mean with the bulged cowl. Got any particular aircraft in mind ??

Ian.

I got some decals from Eagle. Now I can't recall which one I was eyeballin.

I was reading about someone has a replacement nose to address the spacing between the guns and some other odd shapes. I figure this is close enough. It is a very aggressive looking bird with that freakin' 30mm cannon sitting in the nose.

I have one of the G-6 kits and there is a redo resin for it.

BUT

You are going to hate this, it is Eduard Brassin. The set I got for the G-6 is REALLY NICE!!!

You need to get over the P-38 you built years ago and move on. There is a ton of great stuff Eduard does. Though they do screw up big time once in a while. (A Ju87B instrument panel for a Ju87A) Seems better than Trumpeter though. The CMK resin, and the G-Factor landing gear I got for the Revell Ju-88 kit years ago are absolute crap. Probably won't ever buy CMK again again the parts were "just WRONG". I did buy some brass propellers for my Arizona from G-factor though they will need a bunch more work. They were better than the kit parts though.

So give it a look see.

I have one of the G-6 kits and there is a redo resin for it.

BUT

You are going to hate this, it is Eduard Brassin. The set I got for the G-6 is REALLY NICE!!!

You need to get over the P-38 you built years ago and move on. There is a ton of great stuff Eduard does. Though they do screw up big time once in a while. (A Ju87B instrument panel for a Ju87A) Seems better than Trumpeter though. The CMK resin, and the G-Factor landing gear I got for the Revell Ju-88 kit years ago are absolute crap. Probably won't ever buy CMK again again the parts were "just WRONG". I did buy some brass propellers for my Arizona from G-factor though they will need a bunch more work. They were better than the kit parts though.

So give it a look see.

Actually I am taking a risk and I bought the Brassin landing gear.

As far as putting it behind me, no. Wasn't just bad parts, it was bad design that even the most rudimentary QC would have picked up on, not to mention the total lack of customer support that followed up. I made the effort to contact them about it and they're reply was, yeah we know. Sorry.

So I am guessing NO ALCLADD? :evil:

too late...

h38d9cda.jpg

Airframe Aluminum on the wheel wells, not sure that's right but that's what the instructions call for.

hfb149ed.jpg

I drilled out the exhaust stacks. Why spend another $20 on something no one will notice anyway.

hb8edc18.jpg

I like how these wings build up, guess it's easy for them because all the diff variants of blisters and stuff this bad boy had.

Well, if you have a drill bit that will make rectangular holes, I'm truly impressed :rotf

Doubtful on the well wells . I know they were running short on paint pigments > Never read of primmer shortages but I can't say for sure. :idonno

A good deal of it was canvas anyway .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back