• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re:WIP RAAC Centurion PHUC ME

G Cooper

Re:WIP RAAC Centurion PHUC ME

Hi Guenther.

This is going to be cool. I have always wanted to try an AFV Club kit, but was always affraid for some reason. But yours will be good enough for me for the next couple of months I think. And I was curious. Did they really have kangaroos in Vietnam, or is that just the tank commander standing there :laugh: ?

Gary B)

Re:WIP RAAC Centurion PHUOC ME

Hi Guenther,

Its looking good so far .

Look forward to more progress shots ,your steaming ahead with the work.

I've got to build another one of these baby's ,looking at these images is certainly
getting me inspired.

Thank

Cheers
Michael :)

Looking good Guenther :) I've got my first one just about ready to paint. I think its a great kit & will be getting another.

Guenther,

Great build, looks really nice. I´d like to see more turrent pics,is there a rack on the turret roof? Anyway, great model looking forward to se some paint all over it.

Juliano

i have read somewhere that the Gunze Sangyo color would be a good match for 1968 OD! if only i remembered where i read that!

Try this link, it is a very comprehensive article as far as US Olive Drab.

Would an Aussie tank have the same paint though?

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article.asp?a=4536

G

Any suggestions how to mix the olive drab from 1968? In the military briefs No3 they advise Tamiya XF62 but I am not sure about it

guenther[/quote]

Guenther,

I did my Centurion in Tamiya XF49 Khaki, as I did for all my Australian M113s.
After adding a darkish filter, the paint is near perfect to the colour...I drove M113s here in Australia, and I wanted my models to be as close to the right colour as possible.

Here is an example of the colour

DSCF0356.jpg

I hope this helps

Pete

Looking good Guenther , what year ? ...... or did you already state that ........

This photo was taken of "Widow Maker" in the National Vietnam Veterans Museum on Phillip Island, VIC this morning. Apologies for the dorkie guy that's filling up half the shot. :laugh:

IMG_3759%20copy.jpg

HTH

Rudi

White Ensign Models produce an Aussie specific Olive Drab paint (AR OZ 01). I'm not certain of the time period it's suitable for, the description just says modern.

Dar wrote:
White Ensign Models produce an Aussie specific Olive Drab paint (AR OZ 01). I'm not certain of the time period it's suitable for, the description just says modern.

The paint you mention is sold by Mouse House and is an enamal paint...It is sold in a little tin similar to humbrel paints. And it is the same colour the Cents were repainted.

Pete

Hi Guenther Nice looking Centurion! I have the same kit on my bench too! ;) .
Great work so far! Did you have any trouble fitting the new fenders?

Jaymes.

when I did my Aussie Cent (photos are in the gallery http://tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=1469&Itemid=77#joomimg) I just used a dark olive drab with some added dark green, most of which had a film of vietnam dust/mud over it anyway. What took the longest for me was making all the channeling that protects the stowage bin latches. I made a former from brass rod soldered to brass sheet and then formed the channeling from thin brass sheet which I had annealed to make it bend easier.

Superb work , I know someone :unsure: who may or may not have lifted a chip off the centurion at the australian war memorial (see the walkaround in Trusty and Rusty) :blush: and it matches with Lifecolor UA 221 Khaki Olive Drab .

Jenny :kiss:

Back