• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re ell 1/32 Spitfire Mk IIa - Eagle Squadron

SpitfireGuy

My latest completion. Been a little busy with my first daughter due soon to do much while in progress shots.

This is the new Revell kit completed with the Barracudacast resin update set for the oil cooler radiator and ailerons, I also used a Quickboost Spitfire seat to spruce up the interior, quickboost exhausts and EagleCals decals to do William Dunn's Eagle Squadron Mount. I tried to make the spinner look more appropriate but it still leaves something to be desired. I had fun with this build despite the kits known issues.

Forgive the red crowbar. It's personal taste......

Zach

Baby on the way? Hope you have time to do another in the next 5 years or so, this one is outstanding. (y)

It looks very nice although terribly pristine .

The crowbars came in more than one color and sometimes they were not present at all.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments all.

As to the pristine nature it does have some subtle weathering but As it happens this was a fairly new aircraft when Dunn was flying it. He had the aircraft in the line for only eight days before he was shot down over France while flying it. Thus I decided to show a less dirty aircraft than I usually might have done.

Zach

Nothing wrong with that Zack. All of them were brand spanking new at one time or another.

I really have no concept of what eight days of flying looks like on a Spit but I have seen pictures of some that looked like absolute grease balls.

No one makes a MK II spinner in this scale ? Not sure but thinking back, the prop might have been a bit different too . Would have to look.

Anyhow, looking quite good.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back