• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re-building my Tamiya Tiger 1 ...WIP

wiewiorka

Decided to re-build my Tamiya Tiger 1 I had on a winter base , I had a lot of Tiger parts that came in my AFV Club Sturmtiger , better detail so used those .

dscn2489.jpg

I'm going to build this one as Tiger 812 " Tiki " of 8 Kompanie SSPzReg Das Reich

Tiki.jpg

Tiki2.jpg

Tiki3.jpg

After completely pulling it apart , this is as far as I can go putting it back together , once my PE engine grill set arrives then I can get some painting done .

What I done to it ... used my Dremel to take off the jack block , cleaning rods and a couple other things that were molded with the hull and replaced them with the AFV Club parts , replaced most of the tools and wire ropes , also replaced the driver's and radio op's hatches and added the handle's and latches to the commander and loaders hatches.
Drilled out the Dischargers and added a co-ax machinegun , I was going to get another set of Academy individual track links , but I'll give the AFV Club rubber tracks a go first.

dscf2075.jpg

dscf2076.jpg

Tidied it up and gave everything a coat of Nato Black , I'll re-do the engine bay when the grill set turns up , then do the base coat of Panzer Grey.
I'm not sure which tactical number I want to use now ,
812 later re-numbered 833 then again S34

dscf2079.jpg

dscf2080.jpg

hopefully the engine grill set will be here today . I was
going to try and brush paint the numbers and Tiki on , but found Bison
have a decal set for Das Reich early production Tigers ,Tiki's numbers and name are included , so got a set of those ordered

jknaus wrote:
What a difference. Looking forward to seeing more.
James

Thanks James

Got the camo done , I brushed it on in thin coats then airbrushed a light coat to fill the larger patches , the dark yellow looks bright on the grey ,hopefully it will tone down with more weathering . I had some spare crosses so put those on , still got the other decals to put on , along with a couple of other bits and pieces

dscf2088.jpg

Dones washes with strong tea and one with a little bit of paint added .
The AFV Club tracks are shorter than the Tamiya one's , so these are pretty tight , don't know how long the superglue will hold

dscf2099.jpg

And what I've been upto this afternoon , going through my spare figures
and trying to remodel them , I still have to reshape the figures arm standing on the ground.
Once it's all ready to go on the base , I'm going to close up the hatches

dscf2101.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Zschaeckel.jpg

Untitled-Grayscale-01.jpg

dscf2111.jpg

Thats looking really good. With weathering it will blend nicely. The ladder and figures are pretty cool also. Now all you need is a bit bigger base and a Flak :laugh:

James

Wow, you didn't mess around with the rebuild! Everything looks really great! I've noticed that paint scheme and seen the ref pix you used and thought it was one I'd like to build, glad you did it, makes me want to as well! (y)

Thanks

The engine grill set arrived , so got those painted and put on , once the last few things are done on the Tiger , I'll try and tone the grass down abit before everything gets glued down

dscf2148.jpg

That is turning out to be a really nice make over. That has me wanting to go into the closet and get some of my very early builds and give them a make over as well. Great work.

Looks great! I have always liked that cammo scheme! Adapting to the photo was an awesome touch as well...

//Travis

Thanks

Bison decals on , replaced the crosses and toned the Tiki decals down , they were way too orange for my liking . So now it's done

dscf2190.jpg

dscf2188.jpg

Back