• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pole Dancer with Double D's... Fixin' Dragon's Mustang Ranch POS

Finally got the correct pilot's helmet, goggles, and O2 hose!
1676491829472.png

Decided to look at the canopy and find out what is visible before getting too carried away.

The canopy didn't fit at all thanks to two tabs which needed removing. Windscreen still doesn't fit but I expected that. There is also a seam along the top of the canopy to be removed as Dragon correctly made it bulged so used a two part mold.
1700278040213.png

The worst of the canopy fit was due to my using the Tamiya cockpit sides whose rails interfered by making it too wide for the canopy to slide over. Easily fixed by sanding down and it is invisible as it is hidden by the canopy frame:
1700278204070.png

Just read this from day one Saul..... Quite a mission

II don't quite see why you are putting yourself through this but then.....that's what people say about most things I do too :)

I don't quite see why you are putting yourself through this but then.....that's what people say about most things I do too :)
The last set of photos proves I am asking myself the same as little will be seen once the pilot is in place, canopy shut, and a 'ferry' shelf installed behind the canopy.
1700415385540.png

I will still concentrate on improving the exterior and make the camera pod.

Last edited:
Back