• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plus model, Barrel mixer

I am sure you will enjoy the build. I have all of Plus Models' staff car kits plus most of their conversions and I can say that the quality is consistently excellent.

Regards,

Looks good Mats, might like to build this just for the fun of it. that wire screen thing looks really nice!

yes it's very nice, the only thing i'm going to do is build a new frame for the mixer, nothing wrong with the one in the kit, just wan't something different :)
I really like the electric components in the kit, would really like that some company started to make those things, no house is complete without some fuseboxes and outlets and switches!

Nice review Mats. Looks like an interesting item for any scene. Making fortifications or repairing battle damaged houses. Cool.
James

Here is what i have done to the mixer so far, it's almost done just need to add the electric cable.
PE net on the motor box
P1090072.JPG

P1090073.JPG

And here it is ready for work! (almost)
P1090080.JPG

P1090081.JPG

P1090082.JPG

I will scratch a electric switch and the electric details supplied in the kit i will use on the place where the connect the mixer (shed, generator, plusmodels make a couple of nice ones :))
//Mats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQGYbF7puA&feature=bf_prev&list=SPEE58C6029A8A6ADE

Looking good Mats. It does look very fragile though. I like the scratch work you have done on it. (y) (y) (y)
James

Not so fragile as it looks, i put the extra i-beam over the wheelaxle to make it a little stronger.
//Mats

Tonights progress, scratched the power switch and installed it with some leadwire that was supplied in the kit, never used that before but it was a good experience (just need more when i'm gonna connect the mixer to the generator).
Also added some tamiya putty to make it look a little "worked in" hopefully it will look like dried concrete when painted.... :hmmm
P1090083.JPG

P1090084.JPG

P1090085.JPG

P1090087.JPG

P1090089.JPG

Hope i have time to paint it tomorrow... B)
//Mats

Thanks for the nice comments guys! i love this one, and i'm gonna have alot of fun painting it :)
//Mats

Hey Mats I was just parusing this again and saw the mesh. If you are going to make a pile of sand I think you could get a nice effect with the Valjo sand paste and apply it over a small cone of styrofoam. Its really fine stuff and would probably make a great sifted sand mix. Just thought I would pass on the thought.
James

Hey Mats I was just parusing this again and saw the mesh. If you are going to make a pile of sand I think you could get a nice effect with the Valjo sand paste and apply it over a small cone of styrofoam. Its really fine stuff and would probably make a great sifted sand mix. Just thought I would pass on the thought.
James

Dont use sand paint though with an airbrush. Unless you like finding styrofoam balls all over the room of course. :evil:

I know I know I am a sick puppy!

James i never tried that stuff, maybe i give it a try :)
And i think i stay away from the airbrush if i do! :D
I got the primer on tonight atleast :)
P1090096.JPG

P1090095.JPG

P1090096.JPG

Thanks again for the nice and helpful comments :)
//Mats

Back