• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pearl Harbor Day

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
United States marks Pearl Harbor Day

WASHINGTON, Dec. 7 (UPI) -- The United States will mark the anniversary of the Dec. 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor Tuesday with a wreath-laying ceremony at the Navy Memorial in Washington.

Retired Rear Adm. Kleber S. Masterson, Jr., the son of a crewmember on the USS Arizona, which was sunk by the Japanese, will speak at the afternoon observance, the Washington Post reported.

Masterson's father was on shore 69 years ago during the surprise Sunday morning attack and watched the Arizona burn and sink.

In an address to Congress, President Franklin D. Roosevelt called Dec. 7, 1941, "a date that will live in infamy."

Let's take a moment to reflect on events of the past, I think we all here know the history better than some of those who report on todays events. It was an end of one era and the beginning of another.

AMEN!!! My grandpa had just finished basic in the USCG, & was home on leave when Pearl Harbor took place. Needless to say he got the call to report for duty, ASAP.
Please let's not forget!!!!!

Here's to my Uncle Bob who was a 3in gun mount crewman on the U.S.S Tennesse at Pearl Harbor.

Terry B)

Never forget....

USS_Arizona_Memorial.jpg

Back