• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PBY catalina

modelguru

I got started on the pby catalina. Hopefully some good things are coming from this. ( the first good thing ios as of saturday there is no more cat , it goes with my daughter when she moves)

014-10.jpg

A brief pic of the interior beginings

The fuselage is just fitted together to check for fit The wing is in primer and re-scribed where some sanding needed to be done
015-9.jpg

Nice work so far Chris.

I never realized how big these Cats were/are. I saw on about 2 miles down the lake one weekend, we were on a point that looked down Clarks Hill lake, didn't hear about any events going on but I heard that ROAR that we don't hear much these days. Looked up and saw the Cat just pulling up and banking back down the lake, it was massive.

I also took a slew of photos of one under restoration...they are in my gallery under HARP (Historic Aircraft Restoration Project).

Regards,

Back