• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer IV Ausf B

thumbs.jpg

Dust!!!!!

Time to start weathering the tank ... now it ´s starts to be a tank ... no a manga comic! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DSC_0140_359-1.jpg

DSC_0139_358-1.jpg

Once this step is finihed, we have a completely different kit. The dust is bored (just one dust color by now), the base color, the washes, oleos ... have lost have lost so much importance and visual impact. Now, we start to worry about the result because we see the model without "depth" .... Will we be able to solve this ? .... HOPE SO!!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb work as usual :woohoo:

I would be in heaven if I was able to finish a model like the one two post above and for you it's only the first step :blink :laugh:

Manga? Where, WHERE!

Simply gorgeous Panzer Jose. Love that dust. Can`t wait to see this one continue to evolve.

Matt

Jose Luis,

As other have exclaimed, it looks fantastic! Would you share the technique that you used for the dust? Is it pigments set with a thinner? Thanks in advance.

Bill

Hello again everybody! .... sorry for my long absence in this lovely forum. Due to proffesional reasons, I had to travel to a really nice city of Europe ...

IMG_0053.jpg

Does some the name of the city? .... :lol:

What I did in that city? ...

IMG_0003.jpg

... bridges!!

Ok ... ok ... now ... new steps with Pz IV Ausf B

Nearly finished weathering upper part:

DSC_0148_366.jpg

Mud in lower part (Mud in a Pot + airbrushed Tamiya´s enamel buff + retire the excess of paint with a damped with thinner brush ... some oils to make contrast ...)

DSC_0149_367.jpg

DSC_0150_368.jpg

DSC_0151_369.jpg

DSC_0152_370.jpg

And now, some general pictures:

DSC_0153_371.jpg

DSC_0154_372.jpg

Thank you very much for your support. As usually, any opinion, suggestion or criticism will be highly apreciated.

Thanks for looking!

(And now, time to see and post YOUR works! ... :woohoo: ...)

The city is ...... Krakow!! (Poland). The casttle is ... Wawel!!

Thank you very much for your opinions. I hope that in a week I´ll have this one completely finished.

Using enamel paints is a really convincing way to make dust. Try it!

Jose,
Great job, I for one are very happy that you didn't scrap heap this build.
Looking good, can't wait to see the finished product.
Shawn

Back