• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer III Ausf N in Tunice

Hello again!

My last victim, a Pz III Ausf N belonging to Schewere Abt 501 in Tunice.

Tamiya kit with a lot of stuff from Hauler, Friulmodel, Tamiya, Verlinden, Plus Model .... front bags made with tamiya sculpt (first experience .... :hmmm ..... not very satisfied)

An here, the pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Hope you like it. Any opinion or suggestion would be highly apreciated.

I still don't get how you guys can paint all that with it all built up...I know, you paint it very well (y)

:popcorn

Thank you very much!!!!!

For my taste, this model of Pz III is one of my favourites all around. Why? I remember, when I was MUCH younger, a wargame from Avalon Hill called "Panzer Armee Afrika". In the box of the game there was a really nice drawing of this tank under Rommel´s drawing. So, for my, this tank is very special as belong to my earliest memories (may be I had 6-8 years old when I remember my father playing at home with his friends.... my God, I´m getting soft!! :blush:

Forgot to say that it´s a 1/48 kit, but surely you have guessed when you saw the typical metal hull of early Tamiya´s 1/48 kits.

My inspiration (picture just for comments)

Panzer-III-AUSF-N.jpg

This kit has some modifications from the Tamiya´s box:
- No horn as seen on the above picture
- Different notek lights (from a late N version)
- Rear stowage basket
- Front and rear fenders from Hauler
- Tracks from Friul (I must re-work right track, more tense)
- Different stowage boxes on right fender
- Smoke discharger (to make it a little diferent from picture, I´ll make 02 intead 04.

Nest step, priming with Tamiya metal primer and a Desert Yellox base coat. No pre-shadow here. Why? No big or dull plates. It´s a complex vehicle full of recesses, boxes .... complex!

Base color (70% Desert yellow + 30 % Dark Yellow) with some brush painted higlights here and there using acrylic paints.

DSC_0023_1046.jpg

Next step, decals and chipping

Some chippings all around

In this step, they look too agressive. I did them in this way because later, with filters, most of them will disapear or will be very subtle.

Next step, washes

Thank you very much for your posts, opinions and support

DSC_0026_1048.jpg

Back