• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer III Ausf. J early

I have started weathering. Anyone got any warnings for the dot filter method? I have not used it a lot and results have been carried. Maybe pics tonight.
James

The experiment has started. Here it is so far.

hc88d208.JPG

h8ac7ee9.JPG

hbc33e3c.JPG

h73e4d84.JPG

James

Looks like you are off to a great start James. I like the texture you have achieved with the earth effects, it is very effective. (y)

Still plugging away. It doesnt look too bad to the human eye but the pictures make it look like total crap. Not too happy. Dot filter failed me again. Doing what I've seen in numerous articles and you tubes but not happy with it. I really hope a light dust coat will seal it and give it a more uniform look.

h8ec85fa.JPG

h933c9d6.JPG

hc132094.JPG

h9fda9b9.JPG

B) nice start James. (y)

If you add a touch of black to the mix and work a few damp mud streaks down from the top of the right angle join with the chassis and mud guard it will really come to life. A darker line along the length of the right angle will also give it a nice touch too. :good:
The dot filter method is really only good on a very limited area. Try to think of each side as an independent canvas that you tie together once all sides are completed. It keeps you focused more closely and stops you thinking about to much at once. Mud dries at different rates according to how thick it is so approach it in a very random way but with the ability to get light\heat in mind and gravity as a guide for shape. :captain
hope this helps.
Ian.

Back