• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NVA T-54B

OK, so here is the latest. Until it is warmer & I can paint, I am at a stop-point. Note that the wheels are just press-fit:

h3b3aa0c.JPG

h9e9d55b.JPG

hd8e5df5.JPG

I have ordered the NVA STOWAGES http://www.paracelminiatures.com/home/48-nva-stowages.html From Paracel Miniatures in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City...formally Saigon!) but it has to get here by the first part of next month. If that doesn't happen, then on to plan B (Got to have a Plan B...). At any rate, I have gone ahead an added the foilage hooks on the back of the turret, and finished off the rear of the tank, I am picturing some tarps, boards, etc. being back here, tied to the Fuel drum racks, as I have only been able to find one pic of the NVA T-54 using the Fuel drums:

hacfef12.JPG

heba15e8.JPG

bring it over tomorrow and squirt some. :soldier

bring it over tomorrow and squirt some. :soldier

Nope, no can do bubba, sorry. I will come by for a bit, but trying to spend time with da' missus. You are a fine friend, but I do appreciate my time with da' missus.......

Hey, here is a pic of her from last weekend, when we found a little long-hair Chuhuahua that got out of a neighbor's house:

h9d9adc9.JPG

OK, here is da' latest. The Acrylic paints are, IMHO, not as easy to work with as enamels, but as you can see by the pics, the results are tough to argue with:

h2bb34f6.JPG

h6d4c171.JPG

h078d8d7.JPG

h1f47886.JPG

hef7dbb6.JPG

h42324c9.JPG

Note that in that last one, I tried to nick up the wheel a bit to show some wear during their long march to Saigon. I also took Tamiya Panel Accent and air brushed it into the undersides and crevices, especially the wheels to accentuate the darker & soon to be grimier parts. Again, the acrylics are not as easy to work with, but the end result is really taking shape into a fine model!

Nice paint job do far. Although the acrylics may not have been as nice to work with as enamels for you, your results are still good. I think you would do fine at competitions and shows.

Cheers,
James

OK, some more progress...looking good! Got the chipping done, and added the resin gear to it as well. Most of the gear on the turret is from Paracel in Vietnam, and man it fit really well! The fear on the hull and the ammo boxes are from Value Gear (except for the two sacks on the extreme rear. The wood boards are crafting sticks I painted, and they are just laying on there, I think they may actually be a bit too long, what do y'all think?

h1819a82.JPG

h65aeb93.JPG

he26fa29.JPG

h53fa09d.JPG

h35ff96c.JPG

I think I am going to a few pin washes on the gear to 'age' them to better match the rest of the vehicle, and hope to get some dirt and a light amount of mud into the running gear...look like i might JUST finish under the wire!

That looks really nice with all of the gear on it. It is good to know that the Paracel items fit so well.

I am not sure what it is that causes me to think this, but the wood on the rear just doesn't look quite right. It may be the color of the wood. With the wear and tear, fading, etc of the tank itself, the reddish brown looks a bit odd. Perhaps lighten up the wood colors and add a bit of Grey.

Other than that the model looks outstanding!

Cheers,
James

Looks good, agree with James, that looks more like furniture than wood on the back of a tank.

:popcorn

OK, here is the latest. I am nearly there! Still a few bits to add, & the 'furniture wood' (that is indeed what it looks like!) is still to be weathered and installed...otherwise it is coming along verrrrry nicely!

h8cde9d7.JPG

h529a837.JPG

hae3d529.JPG

h80dd62b.JPG

Thanks guys! STILL not really finished with it yet, I need to "blend" it a bit better, and a bit more to go, but very please with the progress as you can imagine!

OK so I horsed around with it a tad more, and am going to stick a fork in it and call it done. I might go back and add a base to it, but a few tiny issues have me thinking I could have done better, though this was certainly a great model to learn on!

OH< to those that asked, the Vantage Modeling looked PERFECT! Unfortunately for me, I sprayed some Vallejo Matte finish on it to affix it, and it made almost a full shade darker...dadgummit

hcd5a0f1.JPG

h6dc798f.JPG

hd7c5705.JPG

hbbaed74.JPG

h28bb5df.JPG

h57a4a43.JPG

h2b53cd2.JPG

I don't see a problem. I see a magnificent, almost perfect model that is far better than I imagined it could be.

Great finish to the build campaign! The tank looks pretty darn good to me and I think it is show worthy. Great job!

Cheers,
James

Back