• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nibelungenwerke last Warrior

Hello again!

This is my last 1/48 project. This time, the vehicle represented is Jagdtiger chasis number 305087. Regarding my bibliography, this one was one of the last Jagdtiger produced by Nibelungenwerke in 1945. In fact, it was not delivered to any combat unit and was supposed to be put into action to defend the factory itself. Even, some of the last jagdtiger were aquiped with 88 jagdpanther guns but without optical devices (so, not very useful in combat ...)

There´re no real pictures of this vehicle, so, it will be nearly a Sci Fi vehicle.

This is the Tamiya´s kit with minor extre work (some steel handles, the Friul tracks ...)

4-7.jpg

2-10.jpg

Base color:

- Pre-shadow
- Red hull + red + yellow base (Tamiya Lacqer Thinner)
- Acrylic "tutti frutti" over edges, hatches, so on)

DSC_0110_739.jpg

DSC_0113_740.jpg

Hope you like it. As usually, any opinion or criticism will be highly apreciated.

Regards

Great painting, Jose.

A quick question: Have you only used airbrush to this stage? Or, have you done some work with the oils?

I am particularly struck by the nice shading on the bottom edge of the side plate near the rear of the vehicle (last photo).

Best,
Rick

Jknaus, Sharkmouth, Kreighshoer, Many thanks for your opinions! ... I´ll post some progress soon! Hope you like it once finished!

Rick:

Regarding your question:

First, I applied a pre-shadow all around the vehicle. Sorry but I have no picture of it. But the result is similar to this one

DSC_0001-9.jpg

Then, with the base color highly thinned (nearly like a filter), I started to use my airbrush all over the surfaces. In the lower part of the plates, nearly no base color over the pre-shadow. In other parts, the pre-shadow effect nearly disappears. So, playing with the color transparencies and the number of paint coats, you can get atractive results with the same color. Just remember, the paint always very very thinned (90% paint, 10% thinner)

Acrylic paint just applied over hatches, handles, periscopes guards, so on ...

Thanks for asking!

Thanks Jose,

Your approach to painting is much different than mine, though your excellent results cannot be denied. So I watch and learn.

Keep up the good work.

Rick

Reminds me of a black velvet painting.

Very interesting painting style, can't wait to see more progress.

Tom

Many thanks my friends!

Rick, I´m just a little ... :gogo :silly: ... crazy? :laugh:

A friend of my has baptized this tank as the "Tron-tiger" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Next step, chipping and filters.

Many many thanks for looking!

This is getting to the end .... hope that I´ll finish it this weekend.

Chalk simulated using a white pencil. Numerals, with acrylic white paint.

DSC_0044_795.jpg

DSC_0045_796.jpg

Next step, heavy weathering (grease, dust, dirt, oil) ....

Thanks for looking!

Back