• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New from the Northwest

FastasEF

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I've been a member on the FSM and Swanny forums for quite a while and have decided to branch out. I'm usually building aircraft but have lately been on an armor kick. Outside of modeling I like automobiles, specifically auto racing, I like real aircraft and out of the ordinary I like shoes among other things. I am engaged to a more than supportive fiance named Amanda. Here's to hoping I up my armor knowledge while here!

Here's a photo of me a few months ago:
0906091151aa.jpg

Josh

Hey Josh. Soi thats what you look like! Much younger than I thought ;) Good to see you here. I just sighned up myself. Dont stop doing aircraft......Harv :silly:

Engaged huh...still time to RUN!!! no really. RUN!!!

Just kidding.. Congratulations. I'm sure, like every one of us guys, you're marrying up and people are wonderin' what's this guy doing with HER!

I tell ya this Josh, if you have a question about Armor, you'll find answers here. If you stump us on Aircraft we generally go back to Matt's place to get the answer.

But please, don't take the camera in the bathroom anymore.. :mpup

G'day Josh :laugh: ,

We are mighty glad you joined us , yeah model tanks are heaps betterer than aircraft :woohoo: , so you have come to the right spot :) !

We still do not mind seeing planes but expect some flak :laugh:

Now tell Amanda that modelling is not a men only thing and she will get all the support needed here too !

Jenny :kiss:

Howdy Josh.

Welcome to T&T :) . We got lots of answers to just about any questions you may have. Except for shoes maybe ;). but you never know.

Gary B)

Welcome to the best site there is. Look forward to your build whether armoured or air.
James

Welcome aboard Josh,
Where in the North West are you located...
I'm up here in Sunny Oak Harbor, Washington...
There are some great groups in this area.
There are a few contests coming up in the Washington/
Oregon area, so let me know if you are up this way
and I will try and make sure you know when/where they are.
This is a great site and you will enjoy it here.
As for aircraft, there are a few builders of those wingy
thingy's here, and they are more than ready to lend a
hand/wing if you need them too also.
Again welcome aboard... You can PM me if you want and I
will try and keep you in the loop. The great thing about
contests up this way, is that there are some really great
deals in the vendors rooms too.
Again, welcome aboard.
Shawn

Welcome!

Try to stump us please! Build what you like, like what you build... (that is the signature of a great halftrack modeler here).

Regards,

Thanks for the warm welcome guys AND gals! If everyone is this nice everywhere on the forums I'll definitely be sticking around. I have a few ... 3 I believe, armor kits in the stash but I do plan on getting more. Some of them, even one I have, scare the bejeezus out of me looking through the instructions, lol.

Dirtball: Yeah, I got carded the other day when I was buying a movie at the store. The lady didn't think I was even 18, when she found out I was 23 she said, "keep up the good work". Twas creepy.

MP: Ok ok, no more bathroom pictures :laugh: . I don't know about stumping anyone, if anything it's going to be me that always gets stumped, lol.

Jenny: She is actually building a model right now. It is an aircraft model but at least I'm getting her into it.

Cooper: Shoes, it's an odd thing for me, lol. I've spent more on shoes than I've spent on most average early '90s cars, lol.

Shawn: I used to live in Spokane and have just recently moved to Post Falls.

Josh

It's the Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.D 3in1 kit. The box says it has over 1200 parts and the instructions look daunting to say the least.

The other two kits that I currently have are:
Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant Premium Edition
Trumpeter 1/72 USMC LAV-25

My armor stash actually looks quite pathetic next to my aircraft.

Josh

FastasEF wrote:
Jenny: She is actually building a model right now. It is an aircraft model but at least I'm getting her into it.

then make her register here! NOW! even if it's only a flying thingy she builds! but admitted - she should start with something easy like a target! :laugh:

so be welcomed here and show some of your stuff!

Josh,
You are more than welcome to come and hit the contests out this way,
but I think the ones in Idaho will be closer?
Check the IPMS USA site...

Yup, those are some nice kits, but Dragon sometimes leaves a little
bit to figure out with their directions... Check some of the sites
that have Build Reviews and they might help you before you hit some
of the rough spots...
Shawn

Hey, Josh
Don't worry about that rather-imposing 3-in-1 Dragon armor kit. I began building it nearly four years ago and, right after assembling the half-a-million bogie wheels, I placed it all back in the box and put it on a shelf, where it continues to reside to this very day.
Maybe, it's time to give it another shot. It really is an awesome kit!
Randy

Howdy Josh-

Randy Roddey, Enterprise Oregon here, 'bout 200 miles due south of Post Falls.
We're like neighbors man...

I build WWI, WWII aircraft, German & Japanese armor, (not necessarily in that order).

Welcome to the board & best regards.

Howdy Josh-

Randy Roddey, Enterprise Oregon here, 'bout 200 miles due south of Post Falls.
We're like neighbors man...

I build WWI, WWII aircraft, German & Japanese armor, (not necessarily in that order).

Welcome to the board & best regards.

Dang near neighbors, huh?! I think it's what, maybe a five and a half hour drive? Less than a day away! Lol. I like it down there in your area. Horrible it takes me longer just to travel to Boise. Got any nifty things down there in Enterprise? Might need to take a weekend trip.

Josh

Back