• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Dutch Internet Modelling Shop

Thanks for sharing,Erik. :)

With so many regular modelshops closing down it's good to have a alternative.

Groeten,Ron.

Groeten,Ron.

Brick and Mortar hobby shops are finding it increasingly difficult to compete with online shops. We've lost three of the four shops in this area because they couldn't compete woth online prices.

Sad.

Cheers

Groeten,Ron.

Brick and Mortar hobby shops are finding it increasingly difficult to compete with online shops. We've lost three of the four shops in this area because they couldn't compete woth online prices.

Sad.

Cheers

That's some food for thought,Peter.
Personaly I prefer the 'good old modelshop' over the internet ones.
The big pro,is that you can take a look inside kits if you ask,and can decide at the spot if the kit is something you wanna do,something that is not possible with kits ordered at internet shops.
More and more local hobby shops are closing down,and that's sad for sure.
I think the internet shops are just a part of the problem that the regular shops are closing down.
New comers in the hobby are often intimidated by resin,photo-etch and new techniques we have these days,something that wasn't the case in lets say the late 80's...they give up before they start you could say.So the regular modeshops get lesser customers then in the old days.

Anyways,...think it isn't that bad to have the alternative of internet shops,they often [but not all of the time] can deliver faster then the regular ones,especialy when the regular ones haven't something in stock and you have to wait for months to get the desired item.

Yep,...food for thought.

Greetings,Ron.

Back in the 80's and 90's we could by model kits in toystores, but now it seems kits are replaced by computer games. I'd rather go to a brick modelshop also but as you said they get fewer and fewer. Also with the huge amount of after market stuff it's harder for the real shops to keep a stock of just some of the products now on the market (all products would be impossible)

I also prefer to go to a real modelshop but if you want a certain item it's much easier and faster to order it on the internet. I guess with the internet we all are resposible in a way for the loss of so many real modelshops, but that's a thing we can't stop, even if we wanted to. The internet makes the world smaller, wich in many cases is a good thing, but not always....

Erik

Cool shop!

I'm as guilty as any. I buy 100% of my paints, glue, etc.. at my local hobby shop but only about 10% (or less) of my kits. They just don't seem to carry what interests me.

Back in the 80's and 90's we could by model kits in toystores, but now it seems kits are replaced by computer games. I'd rather go to a brick modelshop also but as you said they get fewer and fewer. Also with the huge amount of after market stuff it's harder for the real shops to keep a stock of just some of the products now on the market (all products would be impossible)

I also prefer to go to a real modelshop but if you want a certain item it's much easier and faster to order it on the internet. I guess with the internet we all are resposible in a way for the loss of so many real modelshops, but that's a thing we can't stop, even if we wanted to. The internet makes the world smaller, wich in many cases is a good thing, but not always....

Erik

So much of whay you all say is so true. The one remaining brick and mortar shop in my area that is supposed to be a hobby shop is really a Gamer's Den. Very few models of any kind are in that store unless you count the Mechs for gaming. What makes it really bad and is really weird is that if you want something they don't have in stock they give you the website they order from and tell you to find the item number and then phone them back and they'll then order it for you. I told the owner if I was to go to all that trouble I might as well order it from an online shop and have it delivered right to my door without having to wait to see if it's even in stock. The ironic thing is that this shop with lousy service is still around whereas the other three shops that did deal in military kits are all gone.

I'm just glad that there are internet shops to take up the slack.

Cheers

Well I'm proud to say that we have one of the most well stocked, at the cost of organization, LHS down in Augusta. He's strong on the RC side but the owner is a modeler so he keeps a great selection on hand. He can not compete with price of course but you can catch a good discount from time to time or a slow moving item. It's really nice to have a full selection of paints to pick over. Dave accommodates us by ordering us stuff we need, hopefully we're not the only ones buying the Vallejo washes and pigments he just got on.

Silly question, does this site have an English translator? My Dutch seems to be failing me. :laugh: B)

Back