• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need help for figures on the film Black hawk down

num2010

Hi all here!
I need your help regarding to this film “Black hawk down” scene attached picture below.

In case if not exactly match for the model specification for both “Black hawk helicopter” and “Humvee” that will be fine and very appreciate if you guys here can suggest me for any models similar.

Because I need to have a research before starting to build this dio project 1/35 scale.

Another questions are:
- Model number for both humvee and helicopter
- In case if you can also suggest for the supplier/brand/manufacture for figures i.e. Academy, Tamiya, etc?
- Suggestion for alternative model of helicopter and humvee can be used for this dio
- Scene from film also require to have a real situation, would you please suggest for the place of origin this situation, when this should occur; urban, Iraq, etc?

Also any other information if you can share me very appreciate and thank you very much in advance for your information.
:) :laugh: :lol:
Regards,
Num

Thats not from the movie Black Hawk Down. Use the Academy UH-60 Blackhawk, kit no 2192, use update from http://www.cobracompany.com/35th_scale_models.htm
Tamiya Hummer kit no 35263 M1025 Weapons Carrier. Not sure what update you will need. You could use figures from various manufacturers.

The Humvee is one of the newer armoured types , I would wait for the new Bronco Humvee (shown HERE) to come out or use a legend conversion with the Tamiya kit , figures , I would look at the awesome new Masterbox sets

http://www.mbltd.info/3575.htm Released
http://www.mbltd.info/3591.htm Coming soon

Jenny :kiss:

Re:Need help for figures on the film

Window, Jenny and 53Chevy, thanks a lot for you help.

Ah!!...I though this came out from "Black hawk down" now I misunderstood... :(

Any way link below look owesome especially Humvee by Bronco.

So, can I summarize here for matched model:-

Black hawk helicopter
- Academy UH-60 kit no 2192 (It cost a lot)

Humvee
- Tamiya Hummer kit no. 35263 M1025
- Bronco M1114

Figures
- Master box

BTW, all above cost a lot, in case of any other alternative model which may not exactly match that will be appreciate for suggestion as well.

Re:Need help for figures on the film

num2010 wrote:BTW, all above cost a lot, in case of any other alternative model which may not exactly match that will be appreciate for suggestion as well.[/b][/quote]

It will not only cost a lot, but take a lot of room! May I suggest you try the scene in 1/72nd scale?

Dragon has some really nice HMMWs (ask Jenny to show you hers) and the helicopter is available from several comanies.

Regards,

Num,
Sorry I missed this one...
If you are trying to go 1/35th, Like Sauls says, this thing is going
to be huge... And very expensive.
The sets mentioned would be as close as you are going to get...
I think you will have to do a lot of modifying no matter what kit you start
out with on the Hummer.
If you look at the photo, it's a cargo type Hummvee, (armored) and modified
(I'm not that up on modern stuff, but it's not your average armored weapons
carrier) see how long it is and how it's been modified to carry people on
the back...
Let me check into it with a couple of buddies that have been over there in
both places. This is definitely not "black hawk down".
Shawn

Sauls, thanks. I saw 1/72 scale last night. I'm on the consideration. :)

Shawn, thanks again.

You guys here correct, it's not from Black Hawk Down....seems like I need more researches before start this project, it's a mega project I think (even cost a lot but...I love both Humvee & Helicopter UH-60..) I also need time for consideration also need time to convince my wife...:)

Num

Convincing the wife may render your entire project cost-prohibitive in any scale. :eek:hmy:
Too bad, I was looking forward to watching it progress. lol :(
Peace and Love,
Randy

Re:Need help for figures on this photo

Thanks Randy, to convince my wife may not too difficult for me because she likes these as well. She's supporting me to be a modeller. (We plan to having small biz here...

:)

Cheers !!!

Num

Back