• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Near Cheux" June 27,1944 new dio

I got a little closer by getting rid of some of the excess plastic from the donor figs
001-145.jpg

Now I hve to start to fine tune but you see that it saves a lot of time from the wire armature method.

Hey Jerry
Thanks for posting these...I always love seeing "The Process". I've done a little (very little) sculpting,
but it's definately something I want to learn to do.

Tom

OK,here is the final version of the first guy in the second picture. I added bulk to his left leg,tweeked the folds in the parka and tilted his noggin forward a wee bit. I left his one foot tilted out because I thought the stance in the pic was a little odd looking.
J
002-71.jpg

Whut they all said, Jerry- wunderbar! You have an excellent sense of human posture and anatomy, as well as drapery. Where have you studied art, if I may ask?

Art? I studied art about 2 months in Community college back in 1972. I do much better when I copy a live subject or drawing. If I do something free style it takes a lot longer. I use the Michaelangelo technique. You see the finished object in the block of stone and then simply remove everything that does not look like it belongs.
Here is the next application of putty
002-72.jpg

He is one of those rare waffenSS guys that tucked their smock into their trousers.
J

Here is a way to use short legs but with cool boots. Add length with plastic and then putty in the missing area. He is the missing man between the last two guys I built.
001-147.jpg

Maybe one more waffenSS guy and one more wee scotsman and I will be done with the frankenstein mode on this one.
J

Filled in the missing areas on the middle guy.I have to get rid of excess primer still. It came out grainy from the can. Hate when that happens.
002-73.jpg

Here is how he fits in
001-148.jpg

Started to paint the base coats but I can't seem to find a decent black or white paint. My Tamiya paint will not mix and so I can't get a good shade of grey. I may have to change to Vallejo acrylics.

Agree excellent posing I hope you are going to show that picture along side the vignette when completed to show how good you recreated those poses

:drinks :drinks :drinks

Thanks guys,for looking in and for the very generous compliments. Here is the first dude painted up.
001-149.jpg

Here are 2 more of him from angles other than the original pic.
003-35.jpg

002-74.jpg

Hopefully by the tim I paint all of these guys my painting will improve.I loose these skills quickly if I don't do them all of the time.
J

Back