• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nacht~Jager Pz. Gren. 120mm

Hey Guys & Gals ,

Thanx for th kind words !!

@ ANDY - You've done a masterful job of E-Translation My friend !! :drinks :ro:

@ BoB - Thank You Sir for th kind words ! Coming from you .. it really means a lot. It's a kin to Keith Richards complementing Me on My Guitar playing !! You My friend, are One of My Major influences for gettin' Me into this Hobby on th scope that I have & that I aspire to !

O.K ..... a couple of shorty updates before th revile !

DSC08857.JPG

I used one of the EC Success Shimmering Silver dots as the Scope lens. You can see th sheet in th shot, that's just 1/2 th sheet as th sizes are doubled.

DSC08872.JPG

DSC08873.JPG

I used a strip off of an old Tooth paste tube for th strap , as it's laminated Foil it was easily manipulated into shape. The buckle is made from some scrape P.E. fret cut & bent to shape around th strap. I actually drilled out the stock & threaded the strap into it & made a holder on the barrel out of some copper wire & looped the strap around & back through th buckle.

NACHT~JAGER is finished. I don't have Him on a base ... but none th less Finished ! I'll post when I get him on his base !! So here We go .....

DSC08874.JPG

DSC08875.JPG

DSC08876.JPG

DSC08877.JPG

DSC08878.JPG

DSC08882.JPG

I used some Phone cord wire for the wiring on the I.R. gear , leaving the wires insulation on to add a little color ?? For the last shot I actually painted the Battery connection wire Black.

DSC08883.JPG

For the Scope I shot some AlClad Transparent Red on it to give it th Red color & for the Big Black Light I 1st. shot it in AlClad Hot Metal Violet, the shot a circle of Transparent Red , & in th center of the light shot some AlClad Transparent Blue.

DSC08887.JPG

I used AK Interactive's Chipping FX on the Canteen cup. 1st. painting it with Model Master Chrome, sealing it with AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear, Chipping FX , then Tamiya Flat Black & chipped off the Black with a stiff brush & warm tap water. The Canteen being of Late War issue with a Canvas strap.

DSC08885.JPG

" You talkin' to Me ?" ... the face was done in Oil . The "Flashlight" on his chest .... doesn't really look like th standard issue Flashlight , I perceive it to be some sort of I.R. "notek light " ???? ( as I had absolutely Zero referance on this ..... :v

DSC08890.JPG

I shaded Him with Vallejo's Games Ink sepia & Highlighted with appropriate Camo colors on th tops of the folds etc.

There you are .... NACHT~JAGER ... This Creature of the Night is ready for Patrol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGckua_5dg

:erik​

DEar Erik.

...excelent camo job on this rare one...very convicing...you captured the right pattern...and the wood grain is just perfect!

Have a nice day!

Luiz.

The "Flashlight" on his chest .... doesn't really look like th standard issue Flashlight , I perceive it to be some sort of I.R. "notek light " ???? ( as I had absolutely Zero referance on this ..... :v

Erik,

GREAT work on the Nacht-Jäger! (y) (y) (y)

The flashlight is one of the several types used by the Wehrmacht;
http://www.tarnmilitaria.com/?product=3815

It's not a I.R. light,it had a cap to reveal the lens,and with the 3 switches on it, you could change the light it shines, from normal white light to red or green.
I have seen these flashlights in black and fieldgrey,so yours is spot on! :)

Greetings,Ron.

RON ,

HA ! Well Good to know about th Flashlight. (y) I guess it was th damper that was throwing me off. The few examples that I've seen didn't have it on there. Cool Link ! I might have to pick one up for Future reference ! :D

Thanx for th kind words ! I'm glad that you dig it .

Back