• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Grandsons first finished Model

Leopard2

Well actually he is my son's 9 year old stepson Tommie. Anyway, after seeing my stash last year he he wanted to build a model real bad. He had is sight already on a Italeri 1/48 Tornado F3. I took me a while to convince that it would e a little out of his league. So he said that he wanted to build a large model of the Titanic. Again a lot of convincing had to take place to make him rethink.So I got him the Revell 1/72 Snap-Tite F-18 Blue Angels. What a waste of money and time. Next I gave him for X-Mas a 1/72 Airfix Harrier starter kits that come with paint and a brush. Was a little out of his league and he lost interest very quickly. THen recently when he was over he wanted to build something and I remembered that I had a Hobyboss 1/72 Yak-3 Easy Kit in the stash so I gave that to him. Well here is the result. And btw, Santa found out about this and put 2 more easy kits on lay-away for Tommie.

Joe

PS: He also already got acquainted with the carpet monster

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Hopefullt this will be the beginning of a long interest.

When I first tarted building kits, over 50 years ago, I really like it when Tamiya models became available because the gace a good overview of the history of the item I was building the model. That interest in turn lead to a lifelong history in general.

Cheers

I remember those days of spending an afternoon gluing a kit together and then painting it. Here's hoping to a future lifelong model builder.

Very very cool!!! :drinks

BTW: My first model was not painted at all! and was assembled with the wrong glue. :laugh:

All the best!
Dusan.

My son just saw this and asked me when we are going to build his plane :blush:

Its great to see the young starting to build (y)

Back