• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Favourite Plane In The World - EVAAARRH!

How do you like the kit? Is it true that Grumman, and Edo only did the one conversion? I understand it went "downstairs" like a homesick rock. Your Build is a beauty!

Chris from what I have read there was only one WildCatfish F4F-3S BuNo 4038 according to Wiki. Wonder what happened to it.

Thanks guys! Well actually it is pretty much done for now. I seem to have run out of a decent flat coat so hence the slight shine you can see, but I'm not too fussed for the moment. I plan to do more Grumman cats in the future so you may see this again in some proper finished shots then.
9a7dc14eae31657a89a256f2fe1aad91_zpsf5ccfa30.jpg

02198bb6396fa78d87a4fa53715fdbfb_zps4502de38.jpg

d9e2a51c0af4e147a5ad2a383b9d1c9c_zps40f3253c.jpg

:pilot

More Wildcats?? Who are you and what have you done with The Chef?

Looks great Dave, really love the panel accents.

You must be getting quite the collection of Wildcats by now Chef. This one turned out awesome! (y) (y)

Goat fleas aside, I love it, Dave! I've always wanted to build a rubber-band free flight version- maybe I'll just settle for plastic. It would make a great build with a whiffer scheme, dontcha think!

:drinks

As always Dave - Masterclass Modelling! you should enter some of your builds into local model shows! really!!!!

Your builds and your paint are always impressive, but to me, the number you crank out without losing quality is truly top drawer and amazing!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back