• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mr T's Bomber Command! - Hasegawa 1/72 B-17G

Always liked this ribbon and T's my all time hero so I have to do it :woohoo: -
P1070405_zpsf6284eef.jpg

P1070406_zpse86e8cda.jpg

Will most likely use some AM decals which I've yet to order.

No this will take me longer cos I have to order decals and masks too while I'm at it so say a couple of weeks perhaps, there's not much of an interior in this kit as it's one of Hasegawa's older toolings. Going together quite well so far though.

The trick is, never let anyone know you don't know what you're doing. You look like you know what your doing. :popcorn

Youre just trying to make those of us that truly dont know what we do feel better.

I for one know you damn well know what youre doing. Looks awesome so far.

the preshade will look great. i always flub it up, that is why mine are all flat black on the whole of the build.

joe

Thanks guys! To be honest the pre shade was more there to test the seams and finish up what was left in the airbrush - I usually don't bother with it cos I find post shading more effective.
I've used Tamiya acrylics for this one - first a coat of khaki -
P1070451_zps45094ac6.jpg

Then a little more thinned than usual olive drab on the panel lines etc -
P1070452_zps61764d94.jpg

Then a heavily thinned khaki drab over most of the airframe to brown it out a bit and Future coated -
P1070453_zps05bc089e.jpg

Decals just on -
P1070454_zps68b0aaf1.jpg

Great effect Dave. Love it!

General question, why does unsupported areas fade before supported areas? You can see this on old steel buildings, the areas that attach to support beams and what not are not as faded as the unsupported areas.

:popcorn

Back