• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mosquito * * F I N I S H E D * *

Mosquito

The mozzie is one of the best looking aircraft of all time in my opinion and I am enjoying yours taking shape (y)

Mosquito

Kit specific decals on (twenty-five year old Superscale sheet - long out of production). Stencils tomorrow, hopefully

h2e9f906.jpg

Ian.

Mosquito

Satin coat on, last pics now of the main build before final assembly. Landing gear - and there's a lot of it - is all painted, just needs assembling but that's going to be a long session hopefully tomorrow, I'll post some pics tomorrow evening if I have time.

h9ef2ce4.jpg

h5745075.jpg

h93bc781.jpg

Ian.

The final assembly took a little longer than I thought it would, but was fairly straight forward. Here's the state of the bench 'at the start of operations' this morning:

hdfe053f.jpg

All the undercarriage doors, undercarriage 'bits', bomb doors, etc, etc. Quick photo of the completed gear sub-assemblies as they were just after lunch. Used Ultracast wheels and dirtied them up with some Mig 'European Dust' which was more than appropriate !!

h3b12d0f.jpg

So off I went with final assembly, which surprisingly took another two-and-a-half hours !!

Ian.

Kit - Tamiya 1:48
Paint - all enamels
Decals - Superscale
Extras - Master .303 barrels (added after photos), Ultracast resin exhausts & wheels, Eduard Zoom Set.

DH Mosquito FB.VI
107 Squadron BAFO
Gutersloh 1947

hfd6af17.jpg

h50c521d.jpg

hb5fbc2f.jpg

h8f20a0f.jpg

h6bbad08.jpg

hff6db5e.jpg

he90b6ea.jpg

ha8a9a40.jpg

ha6baeec.jpg

As ever please feel free to hurl abuse, ask a question or make a comment. Thanks for the support along the way, it's always appreciated and never taken for granted. Have a great weekend everyone - not much modelling from me for a wee while as this time next week, I'll be on a plane with the family bound for sunny Florida !!

AFN

Ian.

You really burned through that one and it looks great (y) (y) Nice work Ian ! :notworthy

Not really Gary, the hard yards were done around four-and-a-half years ago, all I've really done is finished it off. Still haven't completed a 'big' start-to-finish project in the new cave. The P-40 is close tho'.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Ian.

Kit - Tamiya 1:48
Paint - all enamels
Decals - Superscale
Extras - Master .303 barrels (added after photos), Ultracast resin exhausts & wheels, Eduard Zoom Set.

DH Mosquito FB.VI
107 Squadron BAFO
Gutersloh 1947

hfd6af17.jpg

h50c521d.jpg

hb5fbc2f.jpg

h8f20a0f.jpg

h6bbad08.jpg

hff6db5e.jpg

he90b6ea.jpg

ha8a9a40.jpg

ha6baeec.jpg

As ever please feel free to hurl abuse, ask a question or make a comment. Thanks for the support along the way, it's always appreciated and never taken for granted. Have a great weekend everyone - not much modelling from me for a wee while as this time next week, I'll be on a plane with the family bound for sunny Florida !!

AFN

Ian.

WOW that is just great!

Back