• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

Hi Moon,

Being a newb and never having worked with PEs, I can only say that I'm in total awe of your build: it is an amazing job! :eek:hmy:

I've read the Thread in one big swoop and marvelled at your skill with the tiny little bits of brass that you so cleverly bent/crushed/added to the HT... The "reference talk" between you and Ken shows how intense model building can be, if one is really commited to history.
emoticon_nod.gif

I'll be following this Thread closely: I really wanna see what you can come up with in the paint department!
emoticon_naoseinao.gif

Cheers and thanks for sharing! :)
Fernao

Fernao, everyone who contributes to this website has had a hand in everything I build, no matter how bad or good it may be. I take in as much information as I can from everyone's build blogs and try my best to copy as much as possible. Thank you for the kind words, can't wait to leech some of your techniques and style.

James, Rest assured that PE will be used somewhere, some how on something.

We've been doing the Laborday Weekend up, not cooking or anything like that, but filling up the new room we just got finished building! We've been shoppin' till we're droppin' and I mean we've been droppin' some cash. Anyone who would like to contribute to the funding of the East Wing of Casa de Dogwood let me know and I'll send you my paypal info. :mpup

gmc258.jpg

Attempted post shading, not bad in some places but the Airbrush started spitting at me when I took a break longer than I should have. will redress the lighter OD up front.

Strange situation with the front tires. The Trakz wheels I got had this strange cross hashed pattern to them that really showed up when primed. I tried to get a picture of it but it's so fine you can't really see it in photo but it's very pronounced. So I opted for the kit wheels.

Thats looking real nice MP. A coat of paint even though more is coming just seems to make the whole thing come together. Still looking forward to even more good stuff.
James

MOONIE,

Yeah Baby ! This is Lookin' Great ! I love all th Shiny bits !! Dynamite ! That rack is Waaay Cool !! Can't wait to see it with some more paint !!

ERIK

the wait is over
GO GO GO

ps. i know its too late but i think tank workshop and hussar models have replacement wheels, maybe wnen you build another one : :ro:

Yo Moon,

What a great build, man! As James wrote, nothing like a bit of paint to bring some life to a model - specially if it is applied correctly, which is your case. ;)

Something that really baffles me here at TanksandThings is all the knowledge to be found: I hadn't even heard of most of the aftermarket manufacturers you guys refer to so commonly! And the possibilites of enhancing one's models not just with resin and PE parts, but with creative scratchbuilding, is just amazing - your halftrack is a very good example of all that!
emoticon_nod.gif

To tell the truth, sometimes members' builds can be kinda intimidating, as they make me wonder if someday I'll be able of such prowess' such as you guys show here all the time...
emoticon_naoseinao.gif

Cheers and have fun - I'm having following this Thread! :)
Fernao

I thought I felt a tremor in The Force yesterday! It's looking good so far, Bob! I've had ghosty images in parts show up after painting, I think the thinners make the differences in the surface "hardness" show up :idonno Anyways, it's all looking great!

BigDog wrote:
Yo Moon,

What a great build, man! As James wrote, nothing like a bit of paint to bring some life to a model - specially if it is applied correctly, which is your case. ;)

Something that really baffles me here at TanksandThings is all the knowledge to be found: I hadn't even heard of most of the aftermarket manufacturers you guys refer to so commonly! And the possibilites of enhancing one's models not just with resin and PE parts, but with creative scratchbuilding, is just amazing - your halftrack is a very good example of all that!
emoticon_nod.gif

To tell the truth, sometimes members' builds can be kinda intimidating, as they make me wonder if someday I'll be able of such prowess' such as you guys show here all the time...
emoticon_naoseinao.gif

Cheers and have fun - I'm having following this Thread! :)
Fernao

Dude, seriously...you need to get out more often. I'm just a leech sucking up all the stuff others are doing. Rest assured that when I do those kits for the Well Done Group Build they will be out of box for the most part. Adding the PE, resin and scratch building is just practicing what I've been learning from everyone else.

Thanks for the kind words, stuff like this pushes me to git'er done!

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I hope to have this done soon, that Wildcat is really talking to me!

Bob, you are too modest! I've seen your work firsthand and it IS top shelf! As for this forum being a fountain of knowledge, YES, IT IS! I really enjoy the sharing of information and helpful, supportive attitude by our membership. Only the foolish think they have all the answers!

Nope, meant every word. If ya can't tell your friends what they mean to you, you aren't much of a friend!

Back