• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram B-29's

sharkman

Master at Arms
Going to poke at these when I have time. Plan is to do the complete kit as "Kee Bird" (before the crash in Greenland) and the basket case kit as an SB-29.

The cockpits were already painted green so I played with them today while the Do 217 paint was drying.

IMG_7203.JPG

Their big but honestly, most of it won't be seen once closed up so I concentrated on the forward areas for detail.

Anything is possible.

P38 DUKW2.jpg

P38 DUKW.jpg

During the Pacific campaign, trials of a DUKW barge for ferrying aircraft ashore from freighters were conducted in the event they couldn't be flown to their island base. The P-38 trials were conducted Sep-Nov 1943 but was never used operationally. David Doyle's book "The Complete DUKW" has photos of the many vehicles that were tested using this method.

Cheers,
RichB

Back