• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modeller versus fauna

G Cooper wrote:
sabla wrote:
wow looks very rectangular, do you also have other form´s round, elipse or triangle :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:

greets Mirko

Well, out here in California we got round ones. I think that must be right, cause we call em O possums out here.

Gary B)

We call'em 'possums around here, just because we're too lazy to say the Oh. Some call it dinner, can't say I ever tried one.

jenny croft wrote:
Can you take a picature for me Glenn ? :) We do not have them here in Australia :(

I think the Koalas ate them all :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

Oh. That is soooo sad. Cause they are so cute, and so much fun to have around. There is not much better than to spend a quiet evening with a bunch of them rolling around. And when you are drinking a couple of ice cold beers after a hot day, they are even nicer.

But I can certainly understand the Koalas point of view on eating them all, as they are soooo tasty.

Here's a picture of the ones we got around here.

salted_peanuts_bowl.jpg

:D :whistle: :side: :silly: :laugh:

Gary :p

squirrels are very shy and it takes patience until they come close to you! sometimes - when searching food - they enter houses or appartments but run away as soon as a human comes closer!

you have to attract them with nuts and then - after a longer time of cowering - they come to quickly pick the nut out of your hand! but once that barrier is overstepped and they made confidence towards you they start to crawl over you and sit on your shoulders!

last winter i had a squirrel scratching at the ground floor living room glass door - it absolutely wanted to come in but i didn't let it in since rudy would have torn it to pieces and eaten it!

squirrels are really sweet beings! they are friends!

the one in the pic i always address "hey mr squirrelman!" and the other black one i address with "hey mrs squirrellady!" - much to the displeasure of my mother! :blush:

Jenny , pictures , you want pictures , ...... gee I thought you'd never ask ..........
[ Pause for effect ........... ]

Well lets start with a family portrait ..............

001.jpg

Great , great grandpa squirrel .......... who's not with us any more ........ got run over by a Planters peanut truck ..... karma .......

squirrel-in-cloths.jpg

Great , great grandma is still around though .........

Squirrel20Senoir20Funny.jpg

Here's the young ones playing Star Wars in the back yard ......................

squirrels.jpg

The daddy squirrel is a bit of a lush , I swear he can hear a beer can opening a mile away .
We nicknamed him Foster Brooks .............

funny_590.jpg

funny-pictures-animals-squirel-beer.jpg

smokingsquirrel.jpg

I swear they all like to sit around all summer and play poker ..........

squirrels20playing20poker.jpg

Then one of the female teen squirrels started hanging around with some young buck ..........

squirreldeer.jpg

We didn't think much of it till next spring when one of the new born squirrels turned out like this ..........

White20Tailed20Squirrel.jpg

Back in the eighties some of the young ones got into that punk rock thing ..........

user328928_pic5075_1217213985.jpg

My cat and the squirrels just love Halloween ..............

halloweencat.jpg

andreafgenoaitaly.jpg

I just gotta tell ya it's fun having them around ...............

That's funny...

We have a small population of White Squirrels. They are not albinos, but actually white. Their eyes are dark and some have varying shades of grey (as opposed to the brown squirrels out west and up north). The woods(which is now a parking lot) behind the house i grew up in use to be host for a family of them and they would come in our back yard all the time. Now it's rare to see a white squirrel in Greenwood, when you do see one, it's a traffic stopper.

Back