• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MkIV Female Heavy Battle Tank by EMHAR 1/35

You better get busy! Like the idea, you going to have any figures scattering out of the trench?

Not too sure yet. I have one pure WW1 Tommy Figure but I want to use that in the 100 small dio I am working on. This is for the vignettes category, one or two figures wouldn't hurt but don't think I'll have the time to do it :hmmm

More work on the terrain - plaster all over, wooden beams and posts in the trench, sandbags (Old Tamiya kit), crushed cat litter all around and stones made of plaster. Much more to come.

Ordered some figures too, about to make a start on boxes, crates, scattered stuff in the trench.

hb39f46d.jpg

h7a9d627.jpg

h08f2a91.JPG

Laurence

Thank you Gents, appreciate it :notworthy

More progress ...

Unditching beam showing - obviously not as the final position, just to estimate the length of those chains (KA Model brand).

Added more rocks to the terrain, some stuff in the trench and a stump at the rear, roots showing there too.

Not as much as I would have liked but still progress ....

h7a2119f.JPG

h1cb44a3.JPG

hef6e29e.JPG

h76463de.JPG

Cheers,
Laurence

Thanks mate, appreciate it :notworthy

Way too far from what I have in mind, the next expo is around the corner (mid Oct) and still heaps to do ....

:soldier

Thanks MP, Phil & Gator, appreciate it :D

Stones painted Humbrol Camouflage Grey, rest of the terrain is Humbrol 29. Humbrol Light Earth around the stones. Time to let it dry.

Since the trench was BO-HO-HO-RING a decision was made to give it a makeover. Pics attached. More work needs doing plus the terrain, plus the figures, all three of them :rotf sorry, couldn't resist laughing at the effort of doing all that after reading Bob's update on the Logistics - 350 figures there if I can still count correctly :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Anyway, here the come

ha8e9bc7.JPG

hc281670.JPG

h3235acd.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Laurence

You will need to add another 100 or so figures mate :D

Looking great

It's about the density of the population ... I'll ask Bob the size of his diorama the work out density of figures / mm square and reproduce that :rotf

Numbers don't lie, just a matter of interpreting them :D

Thanks MP, Phil & Gator, appreciate it :D

Stones painted Humbrol Camouflage Grey, rest of the terrain is Humbrol 29. Humbrol Light Earth around the stones. Time to let it dry.

Since the trench was BO-HO-HO-RING a decision was made to give it a makeover. Pics attached. More work needs doing plus the terrain, plus the figures, all three of them :rotf sorry, couldn't resist laughing at the effort of doing all that after reading Bob's update on the Logistics - 350 figures there if I can still count correctly :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Anyway, here the come

ha8e9bc7.JPG

hc281670.JPG

h3235acd.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Laurence

Looking good Laurence (y)

Thanks MP & Luiz :D

Rocks are now at the "starting colour " stage - panzer grey (Vallejo) with just a touch of London Grey, makes it a bit lighter. Humbrol Light Earth around the stones, rest of the terrain Dark Earth. Everything wood is now Vallejo Flesh Base and will receive the proper wooden look later on today.

The tank has to be finished yet in terms of weathering. The beam at the front is entirely scratch made of balsa, PE parts, plastic bits from other kits, a chain from KA Models, styrene, copper wire etc. Needs weathering of course.

he90404a.JPG

h473699c.JPG

ha3bb84c.JPG

hf5177fe.JPG

Laurence

Back