• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mixing paint

How (where) do you mix paints? I'm trying to get that perfect hue of blue for the SR-71's cockpit. I've also noticed that there's some solid paint caked on the bottom of my bottle. How do I get that to mix in?

These are the Tamiya paint stirrers I was telling you about Cousin Ernest, just mix in the bottle. I also use shot glasses to mix paints out of the bottle.

Wonder what others do...:popcorn

I usually use the end of a paint brush to stir up the settled pigment, and then I shake the bottle like crazy. For thicker paints, like Humbrol's, that ahve a tendency for the pigment to settle, I put in a couple BB's and use those as agitators inside the tin when shaking. Works quite well.

As for mixing paints, I use the 1 oz airbrush bottles that I have, if I need to mix a color, which thankfully isnt very often.

I use jello shot glasses... the little plastic ones you can buy 100 for $5.

Paint brush... check... I hear that the bb's in the container are good also. I have seen home-made shakers made with toothbrushes and electric knives... and Badger makes a stirrer... I have one, but only use it in older Humbrol tins.

Back