• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Latin American Group Build!

Mikkel

Hello Folks!

If you are scared of seeing your classic ww2 planes in strange colours, keep looking and find out that there is more to a corsair than Navy blue ;) Allthough it happens!

Thanks to Saul, this build thread is possible, he was so kind to send me a bunch of awesome decals! Thanks a million Saul!

I like to build in batches of 3, its such a nice number.
First model I started building on for 4 years was a Ally Cat Resin Vampire in 1/48. Its a "fine" kit for a resin build!
I should have started with a Tamiya Mustang ;) But I have learned alot!
Paint scheme is dominican from the late 60's.

The second model is a Meng P-51D build as a Salvadoran bird from the 100hours war. Mengs kit is nice but not tamiya... its coming along fine I think.

Now for the 3 new!

The first I'll get serious on is the F4U-5N.
3 hours into the build and its looks like this.

I wont have much time for a week or so.. but stay tuned gents!

Much more to follow!

Best Regards,
Mikkel

Thank you all for the kind words!
Soooo what have happend the last weeks? I have been away for most of June on army stuff... but now I have five weeks of sommer holiday! In Denmark you find rain and rain and more rain...
until we show up for work Its suddenly hot as balls!

Ive been doing some work on my builds... finished the Vampire and Got alot of work on the other kits!

I cant get the pictures to work on my phone so you'll have to wait ;)

Best Regards and happy modeling!

Oh man this is neat! I always think of aircraft (or armor, for that matter) in foreign service and especially in odd paint to be really neat!

Mikkel, may I respectfully make a suggestion? When using the ADD FILE button below, after it gets done loading, Please click INSERT FILE and the pic will load in large, otherwise it loads very small as you see in your earlier post.

I spent like 45 mintues one day before it hit me that I was not doing the above..........

Hey, just for giggles and because I like that 'Vamp' so much, I saved the small pic to my desktop then posted it below. I did this not to seal the glory but rather because I like it so much! Your work is super-nice!

h252faa1.JPG

Hello!!

SOOOOO Lets try the picture thing agian ;) Photobucket is playing stupid games at the moment...

Anyhow, progress.
I decided to wait with the Tamiya Corsair until I get a few more builds under my belt. I bought 3 P-38 Lightnings, but somehow my paint wont stick to 2 of them... I might have found out why, but at the moment I will only make one of them. I have had some serious problems with my vallejo paint but at the moment they work great, so great I started a T-33 instead of the Corsair ;)
I made a great trade with a fellow modeller, and got a few good kits for a single Catalina.
Here is the Vampire. Hope you guys like it! First in 4 years... not so bad I think ;)
h21a5a4b.JPG

h5714467.JPG

hb7221d2.JPG

My Dauntless is also playing hard to build... Got to remove the wing.
Also got decals on my Salvadoran P-51, only needs some weathering and varnish now ;)
The Hasegawa F4U-5 has a funny line on the nose, typical hasegawa, to many versions in the same moulds.

hddeb793.JPG

Happy modelling!

Hello All!

I cracked open a T-33 as a Quick build, so I could get better at paiting.
I'm not going all the way on the cockpit, more like just the bare nessities...

h2277739.JPG

h96b840e.JPG

h7976862.JPG

Happy modelling

Back