• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng British R-R Armoured Car

Okay I'm back. I have had only small periods of modeling last few days. The PE wheels suck in my opinion. I'm sure better modelers could do a whole lot better job. So I cracked open my Copper State Models Lanchester and checked the wheels out again. They look great in my humble opinion. So they were assembled and are now blue tacked on to check them out. Next step is primer and painting and then gluing the wheels in place. They are almost a perfect fit. Maybe a .5 thou shim if anything. I think just glue will do.
So by all means critique away. Oh and the headlight supports are super fragile, I already broke one. Therefore I'm leaving the headlights off which is okay because I have found photos of them driving around with the lights removed. Once painted the front door will go on also.

he2b4b44.JPG

h6cfc014.JPG

hc7f6a0c.JPG

hd85486f.JPG

James

I managed to destroy another paint job. So fed up with this. Well so much for the Rolls. :angry:

Slow but sure. Need a dullcoat before I weather. Not going to go whole hog on it though as it will only be seen from afar.
h12a2194.JPG

h35272a5.JPG

h6a6e9dd.JPG

h0af56f0.JPG

Kind of cringeworthy I think.

Looks better than not finished in the box. Have some fun with it, like you said, nuffin' to lose. :ro:

If you would gloss coat the whole thing and add some dark washes to the recesses, it would make those details pop. I think you're harder on yourself than you should be, it is better than a lot of the work I've seen at shows.

Looks better than not finished in the box. Have some fun with it, like you said, nuffin' to lose. :ro:

If you would gloss coat the whole thing and add some dark washes to the recesses, it would make those details pop. I think you're harder on yourself than you should be, it is better than a lot of the work I've seen at shows.
\
Weathering etc still to come. Takes a bit to get down in the basement and today the knee isnt happy. More to come. Just noticed I missed a decal on the aft end so better go do that.

I had to have my good knee scoped about three weeks ago, so that's slowed me down a bit, but it sure feels better.

If you're going to use washes on the panel lines, leave it glossy so the wash will flow into the lines instead of soaking into the flat.

James, I swear I cannot see what you see! I think this is far from cringe worthy and I'm one who makes cringe worthy models! This is an exceptional model already. Once you weather it this will really pop.

You're doing far better on this model than I would so buck up man!

Back