• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maus 1/72 Dragon

razordws

Well, after much debate I decided to go for it. I have one month to finish this AND something for the Micro Modeling Month that runs through February. :silly: :gogo :eek:hyeah :woohoo: :frantic :frantic :frantic

01Maus.jpg

With the T34/85 done for the MMM campaign it is time to get back to this. Got started on it before the MMM campaign got under way and have been picking at here and there a bit. I have the hull and turret assembled and I am starting on the running gear.

Here's the hull and turret.

02Maus.jpg

The running gear which is mostly cleaned up at this point. There is lots of it... :facepalm

03Maus.jpg

Tried putting one of the 12 assemblies together... big pain in the butt as it requires lots of carving and sanding to get them to line up half decent.

04Maus.jpg

The other issue is the drive sprockets and front wheels are left just hanging in mid air. You can see in the second photo that at one time there was a stub for the wheels to sit in on the side plate but was removed from the molds. I can see why as lining up the side plate with the hull while getting these in place would have been a challenge. Anyway, I'll build it up with some sheet sprue until I can glue it to the side plate.

05Maus.jpg

06Maus.jpg

Not as easy a build as the T34/85 but I will try my best to gett'er done. :soldier :soldier :soldier

Good news/Bad news.

The road wheels weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be and the Base coat is on. :dance

Bad news is that I am a day behind where I thought I would be because I came home yesterday to find that the hot water tank had sprung a leak and flooded part of the basement. :frantic :frantic :frantic
Damage and clean up was minimal as the floor drain sorta did its job.

07Maus.jpg

And My Wife thought I was crazy when I told them to put a floor drain in the laundry room.

Looks good, you'll make up time, plenty to spare :zen

Maus is looking good. I should pull out my Pegasus Hobbies Maus and get to work on it. I just have so many other builds languishing on the bench right now that I need to finish. Keep going man, I like watching this.

Thanks guys! :D

Got the camo on today. Might try to get the decals on before I go to bed.

10Maus.jpg

09Maus.jpg

Lots of road wheels.

08Maus.jpg

Thanks Dave! :D

Decals are on. Just got to finish painting the tracks and some weathering. Plenty of time to wrap this up by the deadline.

Done! Kinda tucked this one in at the last minute but here it is.

17Maus.jpg

16Maus.jpg

15Maus.jpg

14Maus.jpg

13Maus.jpg

12Maus.jpg

One for size comparison with my recently completed T34/85.

11Maus.jpg

Back